[Psychmasters] FW: Research positions

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Nov 22 14:01:27 CST 2013

FYI

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
phone: 936-294-3049
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>

From: Lisa Callahan [mailto:lcallahan at prainc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:14 AM
To: Anastasi, Jeffery
Cc: Raquel Derrick
Subject: Research positions

Dear Dr. Anastasi,

The Veterans Administration and Policy Research Associates are conducting an evaluation of the Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO) program. Five sites have been identified for data collection: Palo Alto, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Houston, and Boston.

We would like your assistance in identifying on-site, local research staff who will conduct interviews with 300 veterans at each site. The evaluation requires that we interview the veterans at five time intervals - baseline, 6M, 12M, 24M, and 26M. We will hire one part time (approximately 16 hrs/week, $40/hour) on-site coordinator and two part time field interviewers ($25/hour). The specific position descriptions are included in the attached document along with a more thorough description of the study.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you would circulate this announcement among potential candidates or among your colleagues who might know of candidates. Our experience with this type of research shows that a wide variety of people are successful field interviewers provided they have the personal and professional qualities to establish and maintain a relationship with the study subjects. Given that we are interviewing only justice-involved veterans, we would be very interested in hiring persons familiar with veteran culture and lifestyle to apply for the positions.

My contact information is on the position announcement. If you have any questions about the study or about the positions, please contact me. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Lisa Callahan

Lisa Callahan, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate II
Policy Research Associates, Inc.
345 Delaware Avenue
Delmar NY 12054
518.439.7415 ext. 5232
518.439.7612 (fax)
lcallahan at prainc.com<mailto:lcallahan at prainc.com>

Creating positive social change in the lives of disadvantaged people
 through research, evaluation, and technical assistance

[New Picture (2)]<http://www.facebook.com/PolicyResearchAssociates>[http://simplyzesty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/LinkedIn_logo.png]<linkedin.com/company/policy-research-associates-inc>[http://simplyzesty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Twitter-Logo-300x293.jpg]<twitter.com/gainscenter>...Connect with PRA and SAMHSA's GAINS Center