[Psychmasters] FW: International Practicum

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Jan 29 08:57:58 CST 2014

FYI

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
phone: 936-294-3049
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>

From: Meroudjie [mailto:mdenis20 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:30 PM
To: Anastasi, Jeffery
Subject: International Practicum

Hello,

I wanted to pass on information about an international clinical practicum opportunity, as it may be of interest to students or faculty in psychology, social work, or education.
I am pleased to announce that this will be the 7th consecutive summer (June-July 2014) of our immersion programs in Quito, Ecuador.  Our programs are geared towards graduate students in all areas of psychology and education, as well as practitioners and educational professionals who wish to:
·       Acquire or reacquire knowledge and skills associated with Spanish
·       Gain confidence in its use
·       Acquire knowledge of a Hispanic culture
·       Acquire knowledge of psychological and educational practices in Ecuador, and
·       Acquire a personal understanding of Ecuador
 Briefly, participants have the opportunity to:
·       Live with a traditional host family and participate in all daily activities
·       Participate in 1:1 Spanish Instruction (3 hours daily)
·       Work daily at either a mental health clinic, orphanage, community outreach center, or educational setting
·       Develop a presentation and project that addresses the needs of each work site
·       Receive daily individual supervision
·       Participate in weekly group supervision on topics pertinent to their work and professional interests
·       Attend weekly guest lectures by local and national leaders in the fields of education, psychology, and neuroscience, and
·       Visit indigenous markets and monuments, tour historical centers, and places of interest in Quito and Ecuador
Please direct students and colleagues to our updated website: www.EcuadorPPP.com<http://www.ecuadorppp.com/>.  They may learn more about the nature of our program, read testimonials, and view photo albums.
In addition, they can contact my colleagues Dr. Tara Raines (TaraRaines at Ecuadorppp.com<mailto:TaraRaines at Ecuadorppp.com>) or Anton Berzins, Ed. M., N.C.S.P. for more information. As you can see, we really feel passionate about grass-roots work in Ecuador.

Best Regards,

Méroudjie Denis, MSW
Doctoral Candidate, Pre-doctoral Intern
Department of Philosophy and Psychology