[Psychmasters] Internship and Getting in to Grad School Panels - Volunteers and Attendance Needed

GSPO gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:37:45 CDT 2014

Hi students and faculty,

GSPO will be offering several upcoming panels that we hope will be of interest to you (please see below). Or, if you teach undergraduates, please spread the word about our second panel regarding entry to graduate school.

Also, we are looking for volunteers for our panel on getting into grad school, so if you are a masters or doctoral student that is interested in either a.) serving on the panel to discuss your application/interview experience or b.) serving as a "mentor" to answer any future questions of applicants please respond to this email ASAP and let us know!

Everything You Wanted to Know About Getting a Predoctoral Internship, But Were Afraid to Ask
	Friday, April 11 from 3:00-5:00 in the Psychological Services Center Library
	Topics will include:
Recommended timeline for the application process
Pros and cons of various application strategies
Information about specific internship sites
Anecdotal information about actual interviews
Where at SHSU and/or online future applicants can access helpful application materials

The Ins and Outs of Getting into Graduate School
	Wednesday, April 23 from 5:30-7:30 in the Psychological Services Center Library
	Topics will include:
Q and A session with both masters and clinical psychology doctoral students
The option to sign up with a graduate student "mentor" to answer any future questions, read over personal statements, etc.
Recommended timeline for the application process
Pros and cons of various application strategies
CV and personal statement development

Thanks and we hope to see you all there!

GSPO