[Psychmasters] GSPO to participate in a Suicide Prevention Walk on campus!

Graduate Student Psychology Organization of Sam Houston State University gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:54:09 CDT 2016

Hello, faculty, students, and staff!

The SHSU Counseling Center is hosting the "SHSU Out of the Darkness Suicide
Prevention Campus Walk" on Saturday, April 23. We thought this would be a
worthwhile event for GSPO to participate in as a group! The walk is 2.6
miles around the perimeter of campus. It does not cost any money to
participate,
though you are encouraged to donate to the worthy cause.

 If you are interested in walking with us, please email the GSPO account
back so we can know to expect you. You will register at this link, click
"Join Team", and our team name is "GSPO":
*http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=3961*
<http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=3961>

The event flyer is attached to this email.

*Here are some more details:*
*What*: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Campus Walk at
Sam Houston State University. The purpose of the walk is to raise awareness
and funds that allow AFSP to invest in new research, create educational
programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss.

*Date / Time*: Saturday April 23rd. Check-In: starts at 9:00 am. Walk
Begins: 10:00 am. Walk Ends: 12:00 pm.

We hope to have you join us! Let's get our workout on, bond as an
organization, and support an extremely important mental health issue!

*Forever yours*,
*GSPO Exec*