[Psychmasters] GSPO Announcements and Poll
Graduate Student Psychology Organization of Sam Houston State University
gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:35:01 CDT 2016
Thank you to everyone who came to the GSPO General Meeting last week. Read
this email carefully (especially if you didn't come to the meeting) as it
contains announcements and information. There is also a link to a poll, as
we would love your input on which events/socials you want this year and an
estimate of how many people want shirts, pet calendars, and other GSPO
1. Your new GSPO exec board: Jessi Hart, Anna Abate, Kaisa Marshall, Nick
Kavish, and Cassie Bailey. Feel free to contact any of us with questions or
2. Get connected with GSPO!
- Make sure you are on clindoc or masterspsych listservs in order to get
GSPO emails (and announcements related to your program)
- Connect with the GSPO Facebook- search for Graduate Student Psychology
Organization of SHSU
3. Events for 2016-2017 year
- In addition to the Fall Social, we will be hosting a *Holiday Social
(tentatively December 2nd*), and an Internship Panel in April.
- We are considering hosting a Friendsgiving event, and another Spring
event, so tell us what you think in the poll.
- We will have lots of opportunities to engage in community service over
the year, including a food drive around Thanksgiving, a toy/coat/book drive
around the holidays, writing letters to soldiers, and helping out Psi Chi.
We will probably also organize a suicide prevention walk and/or a Habitat
for Humanity day.
- If you haven't yet paid your dues for the year ($10), please find one
of us to do so. This helps us fund our awesome events for the year and lets
us get good food.
4. GSPO Swag
- T-Shirts: We are ordering new t-shirts this year and having a *t-shirt
design contest*! If you have a good idea for the design of the shirt,
please email it to gspo.shsu at gmail.com by *October 19th*. The winner
will get a free t-shirt. For people who want to buy a t-shirt, they will be
$15 (maximum, we will try to get the price lower if possible). Please let
us know in the poll if you want a shirt and what material is preferred.
- Pet Calendars: It is time to s*ubmit your photos for the pet calendar*!
Please send a couple of photos of your animals to
gspo.shsu at gmail.com by *October
19th*, and we will get them put into the yearly pet calendar. The prices
will be $15 for big wall calendars, $10 for the smaller desk calendars, and
$20 if you want both. Please let us know in the poll how many/what size you
- If you want any other GPSO swag (e.g., water bottles, mugs, etc.)
please let us know in the poll so we know what to order.
*Link to the Poll:*
There are only 6 short questions, so please try to respond as soon as
possible! This will give us an idea of how many shirts and pet calendars to
order, and what events people are interested in.
GSPO Exec- Jessi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Psychmasters