[Psychmasters] Job Talks and 3MT

Graduate Student Psychology Organization of Sam Houston State University gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:43:16 CST 2017

Hi all!

*Job Talks:*

If you are in Developmental with me then you know what this email is about.
If not, below is a list of potential faculty members that are interviewing
here. We are encouraged (i.e., mandatory if you have no prior obligations)
to attend these job talks. It looks good for potential faculty if a lot of
students show up and show interest in their research. The talks will most
likely be in the 3rd floor CHSS conference room (near the elevators).

*Katrina Rufino* will be here on Thursday and Friday of this week (February
24 & 25).  Her job talk is at 3:30 on Thursday and her meeting with
students will follow immediately after.

*Temilola Salami*: Feb 27 & 28 (job talk at 3:30 on Monday, Feb 27 with
student meeting to follow)

*Chelsea Ratcliff*: Mar 2 & 3 (job talk at 3:30 on Thursday, Mar 2 with
student meeting to follow)

*Christopher Webb*: Mar 9 & 10 (job talk at 3:30 on Thursday, Mar 9 with
student meeting to follow)

*Three Minute Thesis (3MT):*

The preliminary rounds for 3MT are Tuesday, February 28th from 6pm-8pm.

What?

3MT is a competition that allows graduates to share their thesis with a
panel of judges in layman terms. And you only have 3 minutes.

Why should you care?

Twelve people (out of 56) move on. Of those 12, three people advance based
on the audiences choice. The university is trying to promote 3MT since this
is the first year, thus, the more people you bring, the better chance you
have to win (grand prize is $1000). GSPO is getting a group together to
support those in Graduate Psychology Programs. Please email me at
*cas.bailey at yahoo.com
<cas.bailey at yahoo.com>* if you are participating (with your name, time and
title of your presentation) so I can let everyone know who to look out for!

Warning: you have to stay until the end to vote, but you do not have to
come at the beginning.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cassie