[Psychmasters] Hooding Ceremony

Gabel, Sky seg041 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Apr 17 12:26:09 CDT 2018

Dr. Stoebner-May agreed to hood me

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 4:11 PM -0500, "Harman, Marsha" <EDU_MJH at SHSU.EDU<mailto:EDU_MJH at SHSU.EDU>> wrote:

Masters General and Clinical Folks,

Please confirm that you are participating in the Commencement (graduating and walking only).  Take note of the email below.  Your parents are welcome to watch you be hooded at the Hooding Ceremony, and they are invited, as are you, to partake of the reception.

You may ask a faculty member to hood you if you like.  PLEASE SEND TO ME YOUR NAME, AREA, FACULTY MEMBER YOU WISH TO HOOD YOU (AND THE FACULTY MEMBER AGREED – you need to ask politely) BY FRIDAY AT NOON.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS MILESTON!  WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!

Marsha Harman
M. J. Harman, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Coordinator of Masters Programs
P. O. Box 2447
Department of Psychology & Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
936-294-3614 (leave a message here)
Lab – 936-294-4064 (try this number first)

Marsha and Ramona—

As you know, we have a Hooding Ceremony for our M.A. and S.S.P. students on the day of Commencement each term. This year, our Hooding Ceremony will be at 11:00am (May 12th) in CHSS C090. Subsequently, the College-wide reception (with food!) will be held at 12pm in CHSS. Each year, we allow the students to decide who will hood them. Some choose their advisor, some choose a thesis chair, while some choose a particular instructor.

Please send an email to each of your May graduates and ask them who they’d like to hood them. If possible, I’d like to have this information by Friday.

Thank you,

Jamey
__________________________________
James W. Crosby, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Interim Chair
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
MS 2447
Huntsville, TX 77341
Office: CHSS 390C
Phone: (936) 294-4621

Marsha Harman
M. J. Harman, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Coordinator of Masters Programs
P. O. Box 2447
Department of Psychology & Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
936-294-3614 (leave a message here)
Lab – 936-294-4064 (try this number first)

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. ― Albert Einstein