[Psychmasters] GSPO 2018-2019 Exec Nominations

Graduate Student Psychology Organization of Sam Houston State University gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:55:48 CDT 2018

Hello all,

Thank you for submitting your nominations! We have 3 out of 5 of the
positions filled and two more which require voting. Voting will close *Friday,
June 22, 2018 at 5pm.*

Here is the Qualtrics link for the two positions, VP & Master's Liaison:
https://shsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2lVKKpXambT8FMx

And here are the other positions, which have already been filled, and the
blurbs they submitted:

*President: Cassie Bailey*

   - I, Cassie Bailey, would like to nominate myself for the position of
   GSPO President for the 2018-2019 school year. I have served on GSPO’s exec
   board for two years as Master’s Liaison and have enjoyed my time on the
   board. I would like to be President to ensure a smooth transition between
   the incoming and outgoing exec, and believe my experience will be helpful
   in continuing the work that GSPO has done. As part of the board this year I
   contributed 217 community service hours, and continue to maintain a similar
   pace for the upcoming term. I believe my organization skills,
   conscientiousness, and well established relationships with individuals in
   the Office of Graduate Studies will aid me in being a good president. Any
   questions regarding my candidacy are welcome.

*Treasurer: Stephanie Haugh*

   -

   I would like to nominate myself for treasurer of GSPO for the upcoming
   year. I feel that this is an important student organization for our
   department to connect students at different stages in their education, as
   well as faculty to one another. Additionally, I appreciate the effort GSPO
   puts into the community and encouraging students to get involved. I think I
   would be well suited for treasurer because I am very diligent and
   conscientious with finances and other tasks. I am organized, efficient, and
   would be able to work well with all other members of the board. Lastly,
   since moving to Texas, I have tried to get involved in different volunteer
   opportunities such as dog shelters, Texas Children's Hospital, and the
   Coalition for Homeless and would enjoy providing some ideas for community
   involvement. Thank you for the opportunity!

*Secretary: Mia Ricardo *

   -

   I am nominating myself for the position of Secretary.  As you may
   already know, I’m all about communication and as much of it as possible!  I
   would be happy to be the go-to communication person that can field any
   questions and be sure that any and all are informed of upcoming meetings,
   opportunities, elections, etc.  I think this is an integral position with
   the masters liaison and would look forward to increasing participation in
   conjunction with this position!

Congrats to those already on the new exec and we look forward to welcoming
our new VP and Master's Liaison on Friday!

-GSPO Exec