[Psychmasters] FW: ANNOUNCEMENT: Incoming Chair

Reddoch, Rhonda RNR001 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Aug 14 09:09:23 CDT 2018

Dear All:

As we begin the Fall 2018 semester, please join me in welcoming Dr. Yuma I. Tomes as the incoming Chair of the Department of Psychology and Philosophy.  Dr. Tomes currently serves as Director of the PsyD program in School Psychology in the Department of Psychology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.  Dr. Tomes brings with him deep and broad academic leadership experience as well as an extensive track record of working to create opportunities for underrepresented students.  He will join us on 1 Dec. 2018.   This date will allow for ample transition time from his current responsibilities.

Dr. Jamey Crosby, Interim Chair of the Department of Psychology and Philosophy, has agreed to continue serving in this role until Dr. Tomes arrives.   Please join me in thanking Jamey for his leadership over these past few months and for his willingness to continue to serve the department.

I want to thank Search Committee members for their outstanding work.

I look forward to seeing all of you back on campus in the next week or so.

Best regards,
Abbey

P.S.  If you weren't able to meet Dr. Tomes when he visited campus, here is a link to his bio:  https://www.pcom.edu/academics/faculty/yumato.html.

---------
Abbey Zink, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341

E-mail:  zink at shsu.edu<mailto:zink at shsu.edu>
Telephone:   936.294.2200
http://www.shsu.edu/chss

"Surely, in the light of history, it is more intelligent to hope rather than to fear, to try rather than not to try.  For one thing we know beyond all doubt:  Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, 'It can't be done.'"
           ---Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living  (1960)