[Psychmasters] Opportunities for Involvement

Graduate Student Psychology Organization of Sam Houston State University gspo.shsu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:25:10 CDT 2018

Hi all,

Please see below a list of upcoming volunteer and involvement opportunities
for graduate students who would like to help with Psi Chi or expand their
philanthropic endeavors.

1) On October 2 there are two volunteering events:

   - Houston Food Bank Truck-Tuesday, October 2nd, volunteers needed to
   help distribute food. Here is a PowerPoint
   <https://shsu.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav/pid-270964-dt-announcement-rid-62842274_1/xid-62842274_1>
that
   walks you through how to register to volunteer for the Food Pantry at SHSU.
   They will have the truck at the coliseum. They need volunteers form 11:30am
   to 3:30pm. You can sign-up to work 30 minute increments using
   YourVolunteers.com
   <https://yourvolunteers.com/vol?cf177cga6s57jfx4rc5hhyft>.

   - The MTO Jam Session - Tuesday, October 2nd, volunteers needed to
   transport instruments to the CHSS water wall for music therapy and back
   afterward. Set up will begin at 1pm and the event will start at 2pm and end
   at 3pm at which point we will transport everything back.

2) There is a “Walk to End Alzheimer's” on October 6th. This is the link to
join or to donate to the team:
*http://act.alz.org/goto/PsiChiPsychologyClubWalktoEndAlzheimers
<http://act.alz.org/goto/PsiChiPsychologyClubWalktoEndAlzheimers>*

Below is the information for the walk, we ask that you wear Psi
Chi/Psychology Club apparel, SHSU stuff works if you don't have any.

*Time:*                                                         *Location:*
Registration at 7am                            Town Green Park
Ceremony at 8am                                2099 Lake Robbins Dr.
Walk at 8:30am                                    The Woodlands, TX 77380

*Route Length: 3.1 miles*

3) Graduate School Info Sessions- this is being held by the psychology
department and sponsored by Psi Chi/ Psych Club. One is being held on
October 8th and the other November 12th. Both at 5pm and in CHSS C090.

4) The Montgomery County Women's Center is holding a Trick or Treat event
on October 27th. 10am start time (which means meeting at 9am at the
disclosed location in Conroe). Psi Chi is doing a trick or treat
(Halloween) theme event with food (pizza and lots of candy), games (mummy
race, bingo) and activities (trunk or treat, face painting, cape or mask
decorating) for the children and women. Psi Chi is still coming up with a
volunteer sheet for that, but as soon as they have it I will send it to you
(should be by the end of next week). You all can also sign-up to donate
items if you cannot make it.

5) Music Stress Reliever Event- October 18th, this is a collaboration
between the Office of  Health Promotion, the School of Music, and Psi
Chi/Psychology Club. It is similar to MTO jam session in that volunteers
are needed to transport/sanitize instruments. We need volunteers for this
event from 11:15am to 12pm and/or 1pm to 2pm. It will be held in the LSC
Ballroom. You all can Sign-up here!
<https://myshsu-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/kkm029_shsu_edu/EWJVjzE0BuREmAVkZadKtyQBkUWhiat1udffcMs4mG9kBQ?e=JQkzlv>
and
the link to register <https://tinyurl.com/yccr5e8t%20> for the event itself
is hyperlinked. I have attached the flyers of the event as well.

Best,

Cassie - GSPO President