[Psychmasters] Research Participation Opportunity

Harman, Marsha EDU_MJH at SHSU.EDU
Mon Jan 14 15:58:58 CST 2019

My name is Addie Goodson, I am a master’s student in clinical psychology at Sam Houston State University (SHSU).  I am currently conducting a survey study investigating what therapeutic approaches clinicians use when working with clients seeking treatment related to adverse childhood events (ACEs), such as: physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, parental separation or divorce, living in a home where substance abuse or domestic violence is witnessed, living without a family member due to incarceration, living with mentally ill family member, or experiencing emotional or physical neglect (SHSU IRB approval # IRB-2018-179/November 20, 2018). This survey consists of 25 questions about your training background and therapeutic techniques you use with clients seeking treatment related to ACEs. It should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. After you complete the survey, you will have the opportunity to provide your email address in order to be entered into a drawing of a $25 Amazon gift card.

Please click the link below to begin the survey. There is an informed consent waiver provided for your personal records. Your participation is greatly appreciated!

                                            https://shsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_elJqq7YVyy8SOCF​

Also, please consider forwarding this email and survey link to anyone you know who may provide therapy to individuals seeking treatment for adverse childhood events. Your help in spreading the word about this research study is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your consideration,

Addie Goodson, B.S.  (Graduate Student Researcher)

Sam Houston State University

Alg063 at shsu.edu<mailto:Alg063 at shsu.edu>

Thank you!

Addie asked me to send this out through PsychMasters to boost her sample size.  If you are able help her in any of the requests she has made, please do so.  My participation is not meant to be coercive, just helpful to a graduate student at SHSU in the Department of Psychology and Philosophy.  If you feel coerced because of my position in the department, please let me know and I will ponder the situation as to what I should do if asked, again.

Marsha Harman
M. J. Harman, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Coordinator of Masters Programs
P. O. Box 2447
Department of Psychology & Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
936-294-3614 (leave a message here)
Lab – 936-294-4064 (try this number first)

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. ― Albert Einstein