[Psychmasters] AP-LS Student Rep and Info

Ricardo, Mia mmr032 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Sep 27 23:50:43 CDT 2019

Hi Sam Fam,
                I recently became the campus student representative for American Psychology – Law Society (APLS)!  If you’re not sure what this division is,  click here<https://www.apadivisions.org/division-41> to be directed to their homepage.  In short form, they’re the APA division for all things forensic psychology.  They have a phenomenal conference that occurs every year in March.  It’s prime-time for forensic psychology networking and learning.  The deadline for conference submissions is Friday, October 4.  Click here<https://ap-ls.wildapricot.org/> for the link to their submission portal and to become a member.  In March 2020, they will be holding the conference in New Orleans, which is great for SHSU folks because it’s a reasonable one-day drive.  SHSU has the largest representation of students and faculty at the conference every year.  We have our own social event during the conference each year as well.

On related note, APLS keeps a log of all forensic doctoral programs<https://ap-ls.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/GuidetoGraduateProgramsinForensicPsych.pdf>, forensic doctoral internships<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qA5XaxEgG_1pDbQYilaBNyUS9G1tYLWeQuKf22yNrAQ/edit#gid=1970562406>, and forensic post-docs<https://www.apls-students.org/postdoctoral-positions.html>.

If you have any questions about APLS, please do not hesitate to contact me via email: mmr032 at shsu.edu<mailto:mmr032 at shsu.edu> or by phone (207) 216-0830.

- Mia

Mia M. Ricardo, M.A.
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Candidate
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Office: CHSS 342

LEGAL NOTICE - This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information, including attachments.   If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email permanently.  An unintended recipient may not use this information for any purpose. Thank you.