[Psychmasters] GSPO Updates - Please read

Persinger, Dana drp039 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Oct 7 12:31:35 CDT 2019

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to share some updates from GSPO. The email may be a little lengthy, but if you can, please read through all of it - the information is very (fun and) important!

1. Volunteer Opportunities: We have several volunteer opportunities to participate in if you are interested in getting more involved in the SHSU or greater Houston communities!

     A. There will be a Grad School Talk put together for undergraduates hoping to apply to mental health related graduate programs. This talk will take place on November 13 at 5 pm in CHSS 210. If you would like to participate and share some wisdom regarding your own experience, please let me know!

    ​B. There is an event at the Dream Center in Conroe supporting women who have suffered from domestic abuse. Our role at this event will be to entertain the children while their moms are taking part in this event. This event is occurring on Saturday, October 26 and Stephanie, VP of GSPO, will be attending! If you'd like to attend as well, you can contact myself or Stephanie!

    ​C. GSPO will be putting on a Halloween Candy Gram fundraiser the week of October 28! More info to come on this, but if you'd like to volunteer to hold down the sales table or be a delivery person, please let me know!

2. The Winter Social will be held on December 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. There will be food there and we will be doing a gift exchange! This event is always a ton of fun, so mark your calendars!

3. The moment you have all been waiting for. Are you ready for your pet to have his/her/their 5 seconds of fame? Well, that time has come. It is time for you to send GSPO pictures of your pet for the GSPO Pet Calendars. The calendars will be made this year by GSPO's lovely secretary, Beata. So if you would like your pet to make it in, please email your pictures to her at bak021 at shsu.edu<mailto:bak021 at shsu.edu>. Pictures are due Monday October 21. We will have desk calendars for $10, wall calendars for $15, or you can buy both for $20. If you would like to purchase, please email both Beata (bak021 at shsu.edu<mailto:bak021 at shsu.edu>) and Lauren Rubenstein (lxr074 at shsu) by Monday October 28. We will be handing the calendars out for those of you who purchased them at the Winter Social!

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best,

Gabby

GSPO President

Gabriele Trupp, M.A.