[Psychmasters] IP Grades for Thesis I - and other Degree Works Issues

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Mon Nov 18 17:16:16 CST 2019

All:

GRADES OF IP DURING SUMMER 2019 SEMESTER: During the advisement period, I saw that there were a number of students that had received grades of IP (incomplete) for PSYC 6098 (Thesis I) for the summer semester (e.g., you enrolled in thesis 1 over the summer but didn't propose during that semester so you received a grade of IP). If you have defended your thesis proposal this semester, then we want to get that IP changed to a grade for credit before the end of this semester - otherwise it turns to an F/no credit, I think (we don't assign letter grades for thesis classes any more - just credit or not credit). I think what we need to do is submit a grade change form. I have a bunch of copies of the form in my office (CHSS room 376), and Theresa (the new Rhonda!) has some in her office too if you'd like to get one to fill out. So, please pull up your Degree Works on My Sam (click on the Students tab and then Degree Works on right hand side of screen) and see if you have an IP for a course you took over the summer, and if so, let's get that fixed! Now we have it such that students enroll into sections of thesis I and II that are specific to one's thesis chair, but I am not sure how it was done in the summer, so I am not sure who to tell you to put as the instructor (either your thesis chair or Dr. Tomes). I'll let you know on Wednesday after I meet with Dr. Tomes! Just wanted to put that on your radar so we can get those forms submitted and processed before anyone gets a bad grade for a course!

DEGREE WORKS/DEGREE PLAN: Also, while you are checking Degree Works, please make sure that you are listed in the correct program (general or clinical) and in the correct track (thesis or non-thesis). Most students did not have thesis or non-thesis track noted in Degree Works (even though we sent over all of the paperwork they asked for so you all could view the correct degree plan and where you were with meeting the various degree requirements), so a few weeks ago I spent hours dealing with the registrar's office trying to get this information updated. So, if you could check and then let me know if anything is missing or incorrect, that would be great!

Thanks!
Hillary

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260