[Psychmasters] Linda Geffin Appearance - TOMORROW!!

Anastasi, Jeffrey JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Jan 21 16:45:14 CST 2020

To those with forensic interests,

Linda Geffin is coming to campus tomorrow (Wednesday) to speak. Ms. Geffin was Harris County's Director of the Special Prosecutions Unit-a Unit that focused on Sex Crimes/Trafficking.  In addition to her experience prosecuting criminals and working with victims in that realm, she was also a victim herself. In 2011, she was attacked (probably by a gang in retaliation for her prosecution) in her own home.  She almost died in that attack and has almost no recollection of what happened to her.  If you are interested, you can read more about her here: https://www.democracynow.org/2013/4/1/texas_prosecutor_linda_geffin_victim_of

There will be two great opportunities to see her. One is for her talk to a general audience on Wed, January 22 at 6pm, and she has also agreed to speak to a more specialized audience earlier in the day. If you would like to attend this more specialized audience where you can really speak to/with her, feel free to show up. It's 3-4:30pm in CHSS 430. Obviously, you're also welcome at the talk at 6pm as well. Feel free to see the e-mail exchanges below for more information.

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Department of Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
Phone: 936-294-3049
Email: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>

From: Yawn, Richard <mike.yawn at shsu.edu<mailto:mike.yawn at shsu.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:48 PM
To: Varela, Jorge <jgv002 at SHSU.EDU<mailto:jgv002 at SHSU.EDU>>
Subject: RE: Linda Geffin Appearance

Jorge,

Thank you again for rounding up some students.  In finalizing our schedule with Ms. Geffin, we had to do the small-group session from 3:00-4:30pm.  I realize that conflicts with the CHSS session, and that might affect your ability to sit in, but with her being here late into the evening, we just couldn't schedule it earlier.

The 3:00-4:30pm session will be in CHSS 430.  Can you provide the names of the students who will be attending?  We'll have name tents for them.

Mike Yawn (LEAP Director)
936-294-1456