[Psychmasters] Thursday!!!!

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Wed Feb 26 15:40:00 CST 2020

Dear MA Students,

I'm emailing with a desperate plea! Yesterday we had a job candidate in town (who was interviewing for a position in the MA in Clinical Program - which has ZERO dedicated faculty at the moment!), and not one student showed up for the job talk or for his meeting with graduate students after the talk. I was MORTIFIED. I know that some of you had class and couldn't make it, but surely all of you weren't in class? We were able to find three senior MA students to come meet with the candidate after 15 minutes of scrambling and searching from office to office, but it was super embarrassing and not at all a good representation of the program or the engagement of the students in the program. If you are free tomorrow (Thursday, February 27) from 3-4pm for the job talk and/or from 4-5pm for the candidate's meeting with graduate students, it would be awesome if you could come! Both the job talk and the graduate student meeting will take place in room 330.

Thanks so much!
Hillary

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260