[Psychmasters] Thank you!!! And a request!

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Tue Mar 3 17:48:16 CST 2020

Dear all:

Thank you all SO much for coming out last Thursday for the job talk and graduate student meeting with the job candidate! I really appreciate you all coming through for me/us! :) :) :)

Also, if you are planning to graduate in May, will you please email me to let me know four things:

1. That you are slated to graduate in May.

2. Who you would like to hood you at the departmental hooding ceremony. Thesis-track students typically choose their thesis mentor and non-thesis track students can choose any faculty member they would like to hood them.

3. The title of your thesis if you completed a thesis.

4. The results of your graduation audit, specifically if the registrar's office noted there was an issue with your degree works. Degree Works is counting PSYC 6390 (Techniques in Psychotherapy) as an elective instead of a Supplemental Practitioner course, so I am in the process of submitting memos through the dean's office to get that resolved. Several of you told me already, but it would be helpful to have that info in one place so I don't forget anyone!

Finally, we will have advising appointments the week after spring break. So, be on the lookout for an email from me later this week with a link to a google spreadsheet where you can sign yourself up for an appointment. We will go through summer and fall courses, so be thinking about what you want/need to take.

Best,

Hillary

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260