[Psychmasters] CHSS Dean Search Zoom Meetings

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Tue May 19 10:59:10 CDT 2020

Dear MA Students,

As you've likely heard, the dean of CHSS - Dr. Abbey Zink - is leaving SHSU and moving closer to her home on the east coast for a Provost job at another university. There has been an active search going on in the background for her replacement, and the search committee has named three finalists for her replacement as Dean of CHSS. There will be open student forums (via Zoom) with the three candidates this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings from 10:15-11:15am. I would encourage you to attend as many of these as you can, so you can ask questions related to graduate student life at SHSU! The search committee will ask for your input (if you attended), and they will take student opinions into account when making this final decision/recommendation! Below is the schedule, and I will send out the zoom links later on.

LEIF FRENCH
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
10:15 am - 11:15 am - Student Open Forum

CHIEN-PIN LI
Thursday, May 21, 2020
10:15 am - 11:15 am - Student Open Forum

SIMON BRONNER
Friday, May 22, 2020
10:15 am - 11:15 am - Student Open Forum

Thanks!! I hope you are all hanging in there!!
Hillary

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260