[Psychmasters] Graduate Student/Faculty "Town Hall" this Friday (June 5) at 2:30pm!

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Wed Jun 3 13:29:26 CDT 2020

Dear MA Students,

I am joining Dr. Jorge Varela and the departmental Diversity Committee to plan a Town Hall meeting (via Zoom) for this Friday at 2:30pm to chat about what is going on in our country right now. We want to band together to show our love and support to you, your loved ones, our friends and family of color, as well as other marginalized communities. Below is the email that Dr. Varela sent out to the doctoral program. I encourage you to attend this – to listen, to share your stories, and to help brainstorm ways we can help to bring about meaningful change.

The Zoom link is below. Although the title says this meeting is for the doctoral program, it is also for the MA students! You are very much invited and I hope to see many of you all there. Together, we can make a difference!

Love and strength,
Hillary

EMAIL FROM DR. VARELA TO THE DOCTORAL STUDENTS:

I am at a loss for words to describe what is happening around us; every phrase seems trite and fails to capture the significance and meaning of what we are experiencing.

With all that is happening, I think it would be helpful for all us--students and faculty--to get together to discuss our experiences and share ideas about how we can move forward as individuals and collectively as a program.

To this end, I and the Diversity Committee invite you all to a town hall meeting on Friday at 2:30 p.m. (see below).  My hope as that we can share experiences, ask questions, and plan for our future.  I know this is somewhat short notice, but what we are facing is too important to put this off.

I truly hope you can find the time to join us for this important dialogue.

Jorge

****************​

Jorge G. Varela is inviting you to a scheduled SHSU meeting.

Topic: Doctoral Program Town Hall
Time: Jun 5, 2020 02:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://shsu.zoom.us/j/7849392690

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,7849392690# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,7849392690# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 784 939 2690
Find your local number: https://shsu.zoom.us/u/aqoMOTSM

Join by SIP
7849392690 at zoomcrc.com<mailto:7849392690 at zoomcrc.com>

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
103.122.166.55 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong SAR)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
207.226.132.110 (Japan)
Meeting ID: 784 939 2690

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu<mailto:hlangley at shsu.edu>
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260