[Psychmasters] GRE Discussion on Wednesday, July 15 at 4pm

Langley, Hillary hlangley at shsu.edu
Tue Jul 14 16:10:12 CDT 2020

All, please see the message below from Dr. Henderson. There is going to be a discussion about the utility of using the GRE as a predictive indicator of success in graduate school, and we’d love to hear your perspective on the topic (or you can just listen!). Some folks argue that it’s an important indicator of future success in graduate school, while others provide a range of reasons for why it should not be used in admission to graduate school decisions. In addition to the message from Craig below, you’ll also find the link for the zoom meeting.

Many thanks,
Hillary

-----

Hey folks, just a reminder that a GRE panel discussion is happening Wed at 4pm.  There have been a number of recent developments on this issue, making the discussion timely and relevant.  I hope you all will be able to make it.  Jasmine provided the Zoom link earlier, but just in case you need it, here it is again!  I want to thank Betsy and Grace for doing a great job putting the event together, along with Jamey [Crosby] and Jaime [Anderson] in sharing their perspectives.

Craig

-----

Jasmine Phillips is inviting you to a scheduled SHSU meeting.

Topic: GRE Discussion
Time: Jul 15, 2020 04:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://shsu.zoom.us/j/97210188385?pwd=QW1MUGN5K1h5UW83ZG9TdTZ4QkpSdz09

Password: 069941

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,97210188385# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,97210188385# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 972 1018 8385
Password: 069941
Find your local number: https://shsu.zoom.us/u/arPudJU0c​

-----
Hillary A. Langley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Interim Coordinator, Masters Programs in Psychology
Sam Houston State University
Email: hlangley at shsu.edu<mailto:hlangley at shsu.edu>
Office: CHSS Room 376, (936) 294-3260