[Psychmasters] GSPO Social

Lewis, Katherine kal067 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Aug 14 13:42:58 CDT 2020

Hello Everyone!

Welcome new students and welcome back older students and faculty! Although many of our interactions this semester (and most likely year) will be virtual, that does not mean we cannot still attempt to get together and get to know each other!

For the incoming students, the Graduate Student Psychology Organization (GSPO) typically hosts a Fall Social for faculty and graduate students from the psychology and philosophy department. Because we will not be meeting in person this year, GSPO wanted to host a virtual Fall Social over zoom on Friday August 28th from 6:00pm-8:00pm (CST). Here is the zoom link:

https://shsu.zoom.us/j/97940151787

This year for our Fall Social, we are going to be having a virtual scavenger hunt for various household items (additional details/prizes will be explained at the event). We also wanted to make our Fall Social spooky themed and we thought it would be fun if everyone dressed for the occasion by wearing a costume! Spooky season is just around the corner, after all, and time has no meaning so why not celebrate?! But if costume creativity is not your thing, we understand, so we are also asking people to also come to the event with their most creative/cool snack/food/drink items or pairings!

GSPO will be giving a $20 gift card to the winner of the scavenger hunt, to the winner of the costume contest, and to the winner of the most creative snack/food/drink combination!

GSPO will also be collecting dues, which are $10.00 for the 2020-2021 academic year. You can pay your dues virtually through our Venmo GSPO SHSU (@SHSU-GSPO). If you do not have Venmo, please email Beata Krembuszewski (bak021 at shsu.edu<mailto:bak021 at shsu.edu>) to make another arrangement.

When you pay dues through Venmo, please include a description. For example, rather than just Venmo-ing $10, make sure to write $10 for dues.

We cannot wait to see you all at the Fall Social ready to hunt for household items in your best costumes with your favorite snack/food/drink items! :)

The GSPO Executive Board ?

Katherine A. Lewis, B.S.
Clinical Psychology Masters Student
Sam Houston State University
Office: CHSS 396
kal067 at shsu.edu
281-687-2200

LEGAL NOTICE - This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information, including attachments.   If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email permanently.  An unintended recipient may not use this information for any purpose. Thank you.