[Psychmasters] Hispanic Heritage Month Events

Lewis, Katherine kal067 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Oct 5 12:06:09 CDT 2020

Dear friends:

Please invite your students to this week's HHM and LGBTQ History Month events. This Friday, October 9 at 3:30 PM the university will air D o l o r e s P r i d a ' s ^Bo t á n i c a^. As well, please invite your classes to Montse's anticipated book signing affair next Thursday, October 15 at 6:00 PM. Her new monograph is ^Fighting Fascist Spain.
Workers Protest from the Printed Press^ (Urbana: University of Illinois Press,
2020).
Order the book at https://www.press.uillinois.edu/books/catalog/53dtw3qx9780252043246.html.
Montse, congratulations!

Finally, Christopher has put together fabulous programs in honor of LGBTQ History Month. Tomorrow, October 5, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, an LGBTQ History Month Celebration begins on Bearkat Plaza. Visitors will enjoy giveaways, LGBTQ T-shirts, educational brochures, and more. Contact diversity at shsu.edu for additional details; also, view and distribute the attached flyer. Moreover, this Thursday, October 8, we will host a Black LGBTQ Sam Students Zoom panel from 5:00 PM-6:00 PM. See the flyer for details. For questions about these events, contact Dr. Patane at c.patane at shsu.edu.  Thanks, Montse and Chris, for these amazing events for our students and community.

Goodnight,

Bernie

Bernadette Pruitt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History
Faculty Advisor, Sigma Phi Chapter, Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
Department of History
Sam Houston State University
Suite 441 Academic Building Four, Departmental Office
459 AB4, Personal Office
PO Box 2239
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2239
936-294-1491, Personal Office