[Psychmasters] Fw: Next DiveIn Committee Meeting, Wednesday, November 4, 2:00 PM

Henderson, Craig CEH003 at SHSU.EDU
Thu Oct 22 10:08:19 CDT 2020

​Hey folks, the CHSS DivIn Committee is encouraging graduate students to join if you all have interest in being a part (this is the main committee and separate from the Grad Student Subcommittee I emailed about yesterday).  We have a meeting scheduled for next Wed at 2pm.  It's Zoom so feel free to join remotely.  I will check with April and Bernie to see how they would like me to send out the link.  For now, just email me separately if you would like to join.  Thanks!

Craig

________________________________
From: Pruitt, Bernadette
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:37 PM
To: ONeal, Eryn; Elkayam, Jessica; Owens, Erin; Henze, Kristin; Shemak, April; Dowdey, Diane; Wang, Xiaobo; Weathers, Melinda; Patane, Christopher
Cc: Henderson, Craig; Chen, Yixin; Brooks, Benita; Botero Jaramillo, Maria; Bouamer, Siham; Bias, Jeanine; Gruesser, John; Obrien, April; Barker, Maria; Salami, Temilola; Littlejohn, Jeff; Bazil, Leamon; Chang, Jordan; Thibodeaux, Terry; Sanford, Glenn; Gallo, Joseph; Stokes, Shantha; Tomes, Yuma; Oyugi, Willis; Arrington, Michael; Saumell Munoz, Rafael; Feu Lopez, Montse; Varela, Heather; Demiroz, Fatih; Zahrawi, Samar; Serrano, Stephanie; Zimpfer, Mariah; Anglesey, Leslie; Lopez, Donnie; Eaton, Paul; Asaka, Jeremiah; Owens, Rhonda; Blevins, Jacob; Hargrave, Chad; Cox, Thomas; Cashion, Robert; Demson, Michael; Gillette, Cathi; Lutterschmidt, William; Dena Scott; Hendrickson, Ken; Sorenson, Misti; Mass, Sarah; Hyams, Aaron; Fox, Lydia; Bluth, Stephanie; Soto, Evelyn; Mitchell-Yellin, Benjamin; Elmore, Maggie; Montz, Zachary; Gaskamp, Katherine; Strickland, Susan; Hubrig, Adam; Epps, Nu'Nicka; Doleshal, Brandy; Duan, Xiaoman; Padilla, Lillie
Subject: RE: Next DiveIn Committee Meeting, Wednesday, November 4, 2:00 PM

Dear DiveIn Committee Colleagues:

We will have two more committee meetings this semester, with the next one coming up in two weeks, Wednesday, November 4, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. We will discuss a number of topics.

1. April and I will have decided to reschedule the Diversity Reader event to next semester. Please make this announcement to the campus community. We have selected two speakers and have informed them of this change. We want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to assign How to Be an Anti-Racist in their classes. We also need to appropriately market the event. This will give us the time to do all of the above.

2. Texas State University's decision to suspend its diversity and inclusion training as a result of President Trump's most recent executive order: Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping (Read the article at https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/15/texas-state-university-diversity-trump/).

3. The exciting work of Jeannine and her Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion along with the University Diversity Committee's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan.

4. Discussion about Spring 2021 DiveIn Committee programming. April and I urge all subcommittee chairs planning events for next semester to submit a list of their tentative programs. We will need everything, including the Events Budget form, finalized submitted by mid-January. The university will want this information no later than January! This means that the chairs of Disabled SHSU Community Affairs, Black Studies Affairs, Women's Studies Affairs, Native American Heritage Affairs, Muslim Culture and Heritage Affairs, and Asian-American Heritage Affairs groups should have a list of their proposed programming in two weeks. Fortunately, some of you will host the same programs we had to cancel last spring due to the upstart of the COVID-19 pandemic in Texas. Let me know if anyone has any new business to bring to the committee. See the Zoom meeting information below:

URL Link: https://shsu.zoom.us/j/88647025250
Passcode:   833585
Meeting ID: 886 4702 5250

Sincerely,

Bernie

PS: Our last meeting for the semester will be Friday, December 4, 2020.

Bernadette Pruitt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History
Faculty Advisor, Sigma Phi Chapter, Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
Department of History
Sam Houston State University
Suite 441 Academic Building Four, Departmental Office
459 AB4, Personal Office
PO Box 2239
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2239
936-294-1491, Personal Office