[Psychmasters] MA Prac Panel & GSPO Updates

Lewis, Katherine kal067 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Nov 2 19:22:46 CST 2020

Hello Everyone!

​The Graduate Student Psychology Organization has some important updates I wanted to share with all of you. There is a lot of information in this email about our upcoming events, fundraisers, etc!

1. The Master's Student practicum panel will be held virtually this Thursday, November 5th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Here is the zoom link:

​

https://shsu.zoom.us/j/85429292042​

Dr. Riggs and Dr. Stoebner-May have agreed to speak about the application/placement process, and several of the Track A Master's students (who are currently on practicum) will also be sharing their experiences. This event is open to all Master's students and would be valuable to those applying to practicum next semester and first-years! We hope to see you all there!

2. Pet Calendars: Please send in your pet pictures and calendar orders to Ema Kiser (etg005 at shsu.edu) and Bailey Barnes (bab139 at shsu.edu) by Wednesday, November 4th. This year, our theme for the calendar is "What I learned about my pet in quarantine is..." ​so please include your response to the caption with your pictures! The desk calendars are $10 and the wall calendars are $15 or you can buy both for $20. If you do order a calendar, please venmo your payment to GSPO (@SHSU-GSPO) by Friday, November 6th  so we can order all of the calendars. If you do not have a venmo, but would like to order calendars, please let either Beata Krembuszewski (Bak021 at shsu.edu), Ema, or Bailey know! We will be handing out the calendars during finals week. Even if you do not plan on ordering calendars, please send us pictures/captions of your pets! We have 24 months to fill and have only received 11 photos!

​3. Double Dave's Fundraiser: The pizza restaurant Double Dave's has agreed to allow GSPO to receive a portion of all their proceeds made on Friday, November 13th from 4:00-8:00pm. This includes dine-in and delivery orders. Please mark your calendars and plan on ordering some pizza in support of GSPO on Friday the 13th! (#keep spooky season alive).

4. Winter Social: Mark your calendars! GSPO will be hosting a virtual Winter Social on Friday, December 11th from 6:00-8:00pm. Zoom link will be sent out at a later date. Trivia, a scavenger hunt, cookie decorating contests and, most importantly, an end to 2020! GSPO will also be having another raffle with additional baskets from the Huntsville/Conroe/Woodlands area! You can either venmo GSPO (@SHSU-GSPO) to purchase tickets ($1 = 1 Ticket, $5 = 6 Tickets, $10 = 14 Tickets) or you can bring a donation for the SHSU food pantry to the Psychological Services Center (PSC) in exchange for raffle tickets (there is a box and sign up sheet in the front lobby of the PSC). The items they desperately need are grains, canned vegetables, condiments, and hygiene products. GSPO will exchange the follow items for raffle tickets: Canned veggies, Pasta, Rice, Hamburger Helper, Ramen = 1 Ticket; Ketchup, Mustard, Peanut Butter, Jelly, toothbrush, toothpaste = 3 Tickets; Feminine products, body soap, shampoo, conditioner = 5 Tickets.

Thanks everyone!

The Graduate Student Psychology Organization

President: Beata Krembuszewski
Vice President: Ema Kiser
Master's Vice President: Katherine Lewis
Tresurer: Bailey Barnes
Secretary: Debbie Torres​