[Psychmasters] GSPO Winter Social

Lewis, Katherine kal067 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Nov 30 15:10:55 CST 2020

Hello Everyone!

We hope you all enjoyed a much needed break before finals week! Thank you to everyone who came out for our Double Dave's fundraiser, we were able to raise a total of $200 for GSPO! If you have not had it yet, make sure you try out the best pizza in town :)

Just as a reminder, the GSPO Winter Social will be held virtually on <x-apple-data-detectors://1> Friday December 11th from 6:00-8:00pm<x-apple-data-detectors://1>. Here is the zoom link:

https://shsu.zoom.us/j/81896344066

We will still be hosting a raffle during the social (information about the "baskets" will be sent out before the social), but because of COVID, the SHSU Food Pantry has experienced a shortage of items. In order to support our community, we will accept donations to the food pantry in exchange for raffle tickets. At the Psychological Services Center (1528 Avenue J, Huntsville TX, 77341<x-apple-data-detectors://3>) there is a box in the front lobby where you can make donations. Please remember to write your name down on the list so we know what you donated. Here is what we will exchange for raffle tickets:

1 Raffle Ticket: Canned Vegetables and Grain Items (ramen, boxed pasta, rice, hamburger helper)
3 Raffle Tickets: Condiments (Ketchup/Mustard Bottles, Peanut Butter/Jelly) or Toothbrush/Toothpaste
5 Raffle Tickets: Hygiene Products (Feminine products, shampoo, conditioner, body wash

You can also purchase raffle tickets by venmoing GSPO (@SHSU-GSPO) for the following prices: $1 = 1 Ticket, $5 = 6 Tickets, $10 = 14 Tickets. If you do not have a venmo, please contact Beata Krembuszewski (bak021 at shsu.edu<mailto:bak021 at shsu.edu>) to make another arrangement.

In addition to the raffle, we thought it would be fun to have another scavenger hunt and do trivia! Winners will each receive a $20 Amazon.com<http://amazon.com/>gift card. We also thought it would be fun to have an "ugly" holiday sweater contest and a holiday sweets/treats contest! So pull out your most festive gear and bake some sweet treats :) Winners of these contests will also receive $20 Amazon.com<http://amazon.com/>gift cards!

We hope to see you all there in your most festive sweaters, eating your best holiday sweets/treats, and ready to scavenge for items or flex your trivia knowledge!

Please let Beata Krembuszewski know (bak021 at shsu.edu<mailto:bak021 at shsu.edu>) if you have any questions!

The Graduate Student Psychology Organization
President: Beata Krembuszewski
Vice President: Ema Kiser
Master's Vice President: Katherine Lewis
Tresurer: Bailey Barnes
Secretary: Debbie Torres​