[Psychmasters] MA Advising for summer and fall

Riggs, Shelley sxr142 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Feb 22 12:12:04 CST 2021

​​Greetings,

We've had some inquiries re: course sequencing, so I am attaching the current, tentative course sequences for both MA programs.  If you have questions, we can discuss them at your advising appointment.

For Clinical MA students looking for a clinical elective in the fall 2021, Dr. Natoli will be teaching a Special Problems Course (PSYC 5035) in Projective Assessment (TAT, Rorschach, etc).  I am checking with Dr. Henderson and Dr. Noland to see if a small number of MA Clinical students might be able to register for Child Psychotherapy with Dr. Henderson, but this course is reserved primarily for School Psychology students, so we shall see.

Shelley A. Riggs, Ph.D.
Professor and Director of Psychology Masters Programs
Department of Psychology and Philosophy, Box 2447
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2447

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Electronic mail is not a secure medium. The privacy of messages can not be guaranteed. This email message, including all attachments, may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. It is to be viewed only by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender of this information and delete your copy immediately. Your cooperation is appreciated.

________________________________
From: Riggs, Shelley
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:24 PM
To: Spenard, Kayla; Barnes, Breanna; psychmasters; Wilson, Taylor; Pazos, Laura; Manculich, Joshua; Ley, Mitchell; Enriquez, Benny; Clover, Tara; Cherington, Sarah; Wilson, Jill; Uhl, Alexus; Tay, Tong; Tompkins, Brooke; Saenz, Joanna; Moore, Courtney; Jensen, Olivia; Guzman, Karla; Flake, Amanda; Dugan, Rachel; Addo-Yobo, Annette; Weber, Johny; Trinka, Margaret; Senger, Amy; Price, Justin; Pham, Nguyen; Carroll, Ashley; Lewis, Katherine; Eberhardt, Audrey; Dotson, Amani; DeBrabander, Megan; Chapman, Jake; Cade, David; Biggs, Katie; Hatch, Lynette; Bryant, Jasimine; Persinger, Dana; Smith, Treston; Hillegass, Charlotte; Fowler, Shaelyn; De Sorgo, Stacey; Cosby, Sam; Fernandez, Larissa
Cc: Mayra Ramos
Subject: MA Advising for summer and fall

[cid:0b00320e-a2b5-48a2-ba78-b789beea1ed6]

Yup, it is. Registration for summer is on March 25 and for fall is April 9.  I have created a sign-up for 30 min appointments between Feb 25 and March 22.  Each day has zoom link associated with it, so please make note of your time slot and the link.  I will also try to send out the zoom link for all students signed up on a particular day.

In addition, I have attached a curriculum checklist for each program; there are two for the MA Clinical Program (pre-fall 2020 enrollment, and fall 2020 enrollment).  Please choose your degree plan, check the course schedules and complete the appropriate checklist before the advising appointment so that you will have an idea of what you need to register for.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D49ABA729A0FEC07-maadvising