[Psychmasters] Research Opportunity for Spanish Speaking Students

Lewis, Katherine kal067 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Apr 7 18:22:36 CDT 2021

Hi all,

Lauren has asked me to pass this message along:

Hello! my name is Lauren Rubenstein and I am a 3rd year in the clinical psych Ph.D. program working in Dr. Varela’s lab. I am working on my dissertation and am looking for Spanish speaking students that would be willing to help me collect data. My dissertation is specifically looking at plea bargain comprehension among Spanish speaking and foreign-born defendants compared to English speaking and U.S. born defendants. I am planning to conduct interviews via Zoom with defendants this summer and I am looking for people to help me conduct these interviews. It would consist of providing informed consent, reading questions from a questionnaire, and recording their responses. Additionally, the interviews can be counted as face to face client contact hours if you are in need of more hours! If you are interested in working on this project or would like to meet to talk about this further, please email me atlxr074 at shsu.edu<mailto:lxr074 at shsu.edu>.

Thank you!!!

Lauren Rubenstein, M.A.
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student