[Psychmasters] Fall 2022 Psychology Masters September Social

Squires, Gwendolyn gds019 at SHSU.EDU
Sat Aug 20 10:31:44 CDT 2022

Hello everyone,
We have a lineup of fun activities planned for this semester. Our first is set for Friday, September 16 at 9am. Location and directions TBA. Dr. Hargrave is the chief research officer for the office of research and sponsored programs. His area of expertise is aquatic ecology and fish conservation.
SHSU has a body farm for forensic science on a ranch just outside campus. Next to this farm is land for research. Dr. Hargrave leads honors students and other special groups through this land which is home to many different kinds of trees (toothache bark included) and interesting information about research and Texas ecology. It is a beautiful hike and a great way to learn about nature in Texas.
Please RSVP to Gwendolyn Squires at gds019 at shsu.edu to reserve your spot. If there is a lot of interest (there are limited spaces as he prefers smaller groups) we will open a second day. This is open to all clinical and general psychology masters cohort members.
Our masters program now has a social media account on Instragram under SHSU_Psychologymastersprograms. We will announce upcoming events, reminders, and program information. We will also be spotlighting faculty and students throughout the semester. Keep an eye out for emails concerning your time for a spotlight. You can decline/accept being spotlighted on social media and/or in the Graduate Room.
Have a great semester everyone! Reach out if you need anything.
Sincerely,
Gwendolyn Squires
832-541-2809<tel:832-541-2809>
SHSU MA Psychology
TDCJ Leadership and Development
Neuropsychopharmacology Graduate Assistant
McNair Scholar Cohort XVI