[Psychmasters] Mandatory trainings

Varela, Jorge jgv002 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Oct 12 11:32:19 CDT 2022

Students and faculty,

I hate to add tasks to your already full schedules, but I am receiving notifications of past due trainings. Right now, the most common one is sexual misconduct training. Apparently, the state has changed the requirement from "one-and-done" to every two years.  If you have received a notification of past due training or upcoming deadlines, please get this done.

This applies to everyone who draws a paycheck from the university for work, including student workers.

Thanks in advance for taking care of this,

Jorge

Jorge G. Varela, Ph.D. (he-el-him)
Professor of Psychology & Department Chair
Licensed Psychologist
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341
936.294.3052

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on lands that were taken from the Akokisa, Tonkawa, Koasati, and Bidai peoples.