[Psychmasters] Fw: Job Openings

Riggs, Shelley sxr142 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Aug 21 10:22:19 CDT 2023

FYI below....

Shelley A. Riggs, Ph.D.

Professor | Department of Psychology and Philosophy

Coordinator | Psychology Masters Programs

Director of Clinical Training | Clinical Psychology MA Program
Fellow | APA Society for Couple and Family Psychology, Division 43

CHSS 380 | Box 2447

Sam Houston State University

Huntsville, TX  77341

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Electronic mail is not a secure medium. The privacy of messages can not be guaranteed. This email message, including all attachments, may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. It is to be viewed only by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender of this information and delete your copy immediately. Your cooperation is appreciated

________________________________
From: Michelle Garcia <michelle at drmgarcia.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2023 4:16 PM
To: Riggs, Shelley <sxr142 at SHSU.EDU>; Stoebner-May, Diane <DXS011 at SHSU.EDU>
Subject: Job Openings

CAUTION:The sender of this email is not from SHSU.
Any links or attachments may be dangerous. To report this email as suspicious, forward it to abuse at shsu.edu.
Would you mind passing this on to your current and former students?

We have some job openings:
1. Field Positions:
We have two new job openings for licensed therapists (LPC, LPC-A, LPA, provisionally licensed psychologist, post-doctoral fellow, BCBA)! Flexible hours, fun job working with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities really making a difference in the community. Every day is different and rewarding. Benefit package that is unmatched in the private practice world and a supportive boss who sends coffee, snacks, and pays for team buildings with food, beverages, and fun every 3 months.  See below to learn more:

 Michelle Garcia, PsyD & Associates is a community-based behavioral company in Houston, TX. We are a professional, innovative, positive, and cohesive team focused on improving the quality of life for individuals diagnosed with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities like Autism.

Our work environment includes:

  *   Work-from-home days
  *   Growth opportunities
  *   Wellness programs
  *   Regular social events
  *   Flexible working hours
  *   Company perks
  *   Rewarding position
  *   On-the-job training
  *   Supportive work environment

This position is for a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Counselor - Associate (LPC-A), Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), Provisionally Licensed Psychologist, or Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to work with our organization's clients diagnosed with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the community, assisting them with their various behavioral and counseling-related needs. The Licensed Clinician assists the team in assessing and servicing clients by conducting psychoeducation skills sessions, training famiies and staff members, and individual and group therapy sessions. The Licensed Clinician is responsible for maintaining professional relationships, maintaining confidences and following the Michelle Garcia, Psy.D. & Associates mission statement.

Responsibilities:

  *   Conduct sessions with individuals and/or their family/staff in the individual's home, school, and day program.
  *   Continually assess the needs of the clients and make recommendations accordingly.
  *   Train family members and/or staff.
  *   Work on behavioral goals as indicated in the behavior plan.
  *   Work with the individual's interdisciplinary team.
  *   Review monthly behavioral data summaries.
  *   Write progress notes on services provided.
  *   Attend biweekly team meetings via phone.
  *   Attend quarterly team building events.

Contact to learn more: michelle at drmgarcia.com<mailto:michelle at drmgarcia.com> or http://www.drmgarcia.com<http://www.drmgarcia.com/>
 2. Testing Position (with intermittent in home parent training component):

We have a job opening for an unlicensed or licensed therapist in Spring, Texas! Start off part time side by side with Autism and IDD expert, Dr. Michelle Garcia, learning the ropes and work up to full time.  Learn how to conduct assessments using an individualized approach, differential diagnosis, and integrated report writing in this rewarding industry.  Also learn how to provide in home behavioral parenting consultations.  Work toward a career with a unique company that has a benefit package that is unmatched in the private practice world and a supportive boss who brings coffee, snacks, and pays for team buildings with food, beverages, and fun every 3 months.

See below to learn more:

 Michelle Garcia, PsyD & Associates is a a professional, innovative, positive, and cohesive team focused on improving the quality of life for individuals diagnosed with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and more.

Our work environment includes:

  *   Work-from-home days
  *   Growth opportunities
  *   Wellness programs
  *   Regular social events
  *   Flexible working hours
  *   Company perks
  *   Rewarding position
  *   On-the-job training
  *   Supportive work environment

This position is for a graduate student currently enrolled in a program having learned or in the process of learning psychological assessments, a recent graduate, or a licensed professional to work in our Spring office conducting testing for persons of all ages and a myriad of diagnoses, but especially Neurodevelopmental Disorders, as well as providing in-home behavioral parent training.

Responsibilities:

  *   Conduct assessments
  *   Write reports within designated timelines
  *   Conduct intermittent in home behavioral assessments, including writing recommendations
  *   Intermittently train parents on behavioral recommendations
  *   Attend biweekly team meetings via phone.
  *   Attend quarterly team building events.
Contact to learn more: michelle at drmgarcia.com<mailto:michelle at drmgarcia.com> or http://www.drmgarcia.com<http://www.drmgarcia.com/>

Thank you,

Michelle Garcia, Psy.D.
Clinical Psychologist

Michelle Garcia, Psy.D. and Associates
PO Box 8915
The Woodlands, TX  77387
Ph: 713-397-3104
Fax: 832-415-2627

To learn more about our innovative services where we come to your location and our national healthy relationships group coming to you virtually this summer, visit our website at: http://www.drmgarcia.com<http://www.drmgarcia.com/>