[Psychmasters] FW: Paid Mock Juror Opportunity: American Board of Trial Advocates

Varela, Jorge jgv002 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Sep 8 15:51:21 CDT 2023

Students,

Please see the message below for an interesting opportunity.

Jorge

Jorge G. Varela, Ph.D. (he-el-him)
Professor of Psychology & Department Chair
Licensed Psychologist
CHSS 390
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341
936.294.3052

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on lands that were taken from the Akokisa, Tonkawa, Koasati, and Bidai peoples.

From: Murrie, Daniel C *HS <DCM3W at uvahealth.org>
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2023 3:49 PM
To: Boccaccini, Marcus <PSY_MTB at SHSU.EDU>; Richard.Rogers at unt.edu; Edens, John <jedens at psych.tamu.edu>; Varela, Jorge <jgv002 at SHSU.EDU>
Subject: Paid Mock Juror Opportunity: American Board of Trial Advocates

CAUTION:The sender of this email is not from SHSU.
Any links or attachments may be dangerous. To report this email as suspicious, forward it to abuse at shsu.edu<mailto:abuse at shsu.edu>.
Texas colleagues,

The American Board of Trial Advocates asked APLS for help spreading the word about this opportunity.  I suspect contacting you (Texas faculty) directly is more efficient than an APLS email blast.  Would you consider sharing this with students-I suspect it may be of most interest to undergrad psych-law folks-who might have any interest in serving as mock jurors in the Dallas area?

Dallas folks!! Calling all interested mock jurors! The Texas Chapter of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates) is putting on a Best in Voir Dire mock trial competition where the 10 law schools in Texas will compete against each other. The event takes place at the Dallas County Civil Courthouse and we need folks to volunteer to be a mock juror (with a $50 compensation) for a 4-hour session on either Thurs/Fri/Sat, September 21/22/23! This is a really cool exercise to allow law students the opportunity to get real-life experience and ensure the right of every citizen to a jury of their peers. Please distribute to friends and family - everyone is welcome!  Sign up link is below. Slots are filling up fast! Please reach out to Faye Honig (fayehonig at gmail.com<mailto:fayehonig at gmail.com>) with any questions.

Link to sign up: https://dubinconsulting.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5Bi8oGbv9VfVR6S

__

Daniel Murrie, PhD
Associate Director,
Institute of Law, Psychiatry, & Public Policy<https://www.ilppp.org/>
Professor of Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences
University of Virginia School of Medicine
434.924.8308

Please note my new email address:  dcm3w at UVAhealth.org<mailto:dcm3w at UVAhealth.org>