[Psychmasters] FW: [NLPA Members] Spanish for Mental Health Immersion Program (Peru) 2024

Varela, Jorge jgv002 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Dec 12 13:50:49 CST 2023

Students and faculty, FYI...Jorge

Jorge G. Varela, Ph.D. (he-el-him)
Professor of Psychology & Department Chair
Licensed Psychologist
CHSS 390
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341
936.294.3052

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on lands that were taken from the Akokisa, Tonkawa, Koasati, and Bidai peoples.

From: nlpa at memberclicks-mail.net <nlpa at memberclicks-mail.net> On Behalf Of Brieanne Kohrt
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 11:31 AM
To: Varela, Jorge <jgv002 at SHSU.EDU>
Subject: [NLPA Members] Spanish for Mental Health Immersion Program (Peru) 2024

CAUTION:The sender of this email is not from SHSU.
Any links or attachments may be dangerous. To report this email as suspicious, forward it to abuse at shsu.edu<mailto:abuse at shsu.edu>.
¡Buenos días colegas!

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to reach out to this vibrant community to share an exciting opportunity for trainees and professionals looking to improve their Spanish skills specific to the mental health field: PASEO Salud Mental's<https://www.paseoprogram.com/> Linguistic & Cultural Development Program<https://www.paseoprogram.com/spanish-for-mental-health-immersion-in-peru> (LCDP).

The LCDP is a 6-week immersion and practicum experience in Northern Peru designed to help students and professionals in the mental health field strengthen their linguistic and clinical skills to better serve the Latinx/e community. We work in collaboration with local non-profits and educational centers, as well as with local mental health professionals, in an attempt to offer a sustainable, responsible, and culturally attuned learning and service experience.

The full program brochure can be found here<https://static1.squarespace.com/static/541478f2e4b0f910e3107ba9/t/6563a95ed184914c4fc4eb4a/1701030243745/PASEO+LCDP+2024+Brochure.pdf>. It outlines the program dates & eligibility requirements, curriculum, key learning objectives, and the service learning experiences that we are offering this year.

Please feel free to pass this along to others in your network who you think would be interested. The 6-week program will run from June 9th- July 19th.

If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to reach out to me (briekohrt at paseoprogram.com<mailto:briekohrt at paseoprogram.com>) or to the co-director of the program, David Martinez (David at paseoprogram.com<mailto:David at paseoprogram.com>).
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to advancing our shared goals in promoting access and quality of mental health services for Spanish-speaking Latinx/e individuals and familias!

Atentamente,
Brie Kohrt

** Apologies for cross-posting!

Brieanne Kidd Kohrt, PhD
Perinatal Psychologist
Developing Brain Institute
Divisions of Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology and Psychology & Behavioral Health
Children's National Hospital
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, DC, CO
Certified Bilingual (Spanish) Provider
O: (202) 476-5571  M:  (202) 642-8560