[Sigtaudelt] Calling all members!

Penny C. Pitrucha stdpch13 at shsu.edu
Sat Oct 2 14:51:25 CDT 2004

Hello Fellow-Deltans:

We need all members that are interested in getting active to actually get
active!  We have a busy couple of weeks coming up.

First, we will have an officers and committees meeting Monday, Oct. 4 at
2:00 p.m. in the faculty lounge in the Evans building.  Everyone that
wants to get active is invited to attend.

We need ideas for a SHSU birthday banner and a float for the homecoming
parade.  The theme is, of course, SHSU Birthday Bash!

Homecoming Week:  There will be lots of opportunities for you to help our
organization earn points toward winning the cash prizes for the spirit
competition.  Look for an e-mail soon with the details for these.

We need Sigma Tau Deltans to attend the SHSU Anniversary Ceremony on Oct
12th at Austin Hall and take part in the panoramic photograph at Bowers
Stadium.  The ceremony is at 11:00 (Classes are cancelled for this event).
 Please purchase your Sigma Tau Delta T-shirts or wear red, so we can see
our group in the photo.

T-shirts can be purchased for $10 from the English Dept. office or from
Dr. Bell.  You can also contact me to make arrangements to purchase your
shirt.

Have some poetry that  you have written and would like to share?  We will
be co-sponsoring a poetry reading at the writing center at 3:00 on Oct.
18th.  Contact me ASAP, if interested..

Finally, the deadline for the call for papers for the Southwest Regional
Conference is October 8th.  Let me know if you intend to present a paper
or participate on a panel.  For submission guidelines go to
www.english.org and follow the links.  If you need help getting your
submission in, e-mail me or see Dr. Bell or Dr. Nardone.

Thank you,
Penny Pitrucha
President
Sigma Tau Delta