[Sigtaudelt] (no subject)

Penny C. Pitrucha stdpch13 at shsu.edu
Sun Sep 12 15:18:21 CDT 2004

Hello to all of you Sigma Tau Deltans:

Okay...the semester is well underway, and we are all getting busier by the
day, so now is the time to mark your calendars so you won't miss important
Sigma Tau Delta Events.

*Sept. 18th -- Pre-game Tailgate Party at  Bowers Stadium. Free food! 5 PM.

*Sept. 20th -- Sigma Tau Delta Meeting.  2:00 PM, Evans Building, Faculty
Lounge.  Free Pizza and Soda, Sigma Tau Delta Member Folders, T-shirts for
$10, Door Prizes.

*Sept. 23rd -- Brown Bag Lunch.  Informal, bring-your-own-lunch meeting
for all members, particularly those unable to attend the Monday meeting
who want to be active members.  Door Prizes, Member Folders, and T-shirts
for $10.

*Sept. 27th -- Banned Books Week Displays Begin in LSC Mall Area. We need
volunteers to help out with the displays. Contact Jennifer Sanders at
jennifermsanders at hotmail.com or Penny Pitrucha at stdpch13 at shsu.edu.

*Sept. 29th -- Southwest Regional Project for Banned Books Week.  Candy
and information to be handed out in the LSC Mall area.  We need
volunteers!  See contacts
above.

*Sept. 30th -- Deadline for Newsletter Essay Contest. 5 PM.  See posted
flyers and Delta Delta Newsletter for details.

*Oct. 1st -- Deadline for signing up to attend Southwest Regional
Conference.  This deadline is flexible; however, to make sure we have
enough funding to help with travel expenses, notify me if you want to go
ASAP. And be sure to note the Oct. 8th deadline for conference
submissions. (The Oct. 8th deadline is NOT flexible.) Penny Pitrucha at
stdpch13 at shsu.edu or call 936-344-9535. For more information on the
conference, visit www.english.org and follow the Southwestern Region
links.

*Oct. 4th -- Sigma Tau Delta Officers and Committees Meeting.  If
interested in chairing a committee, please attend.  2:00 PM, Evans
Building, Faculty Lounge.

*Oct. 8th -- Deadline for Papers and Panels for the Southwest Regional
Conference in Beaumont.  Visit www.english.org for more information on the
conference.

Did you mark it all on your calendar?  :)

I will e-mail out the first edition of the Delta Delta Chapter Newsletter
very soon.  It contains all kinds of information including calendars for
September and October.  Copies of the newsletter will be available at the
meetings and in the Evans Building Lobby.

I hope that each of you is off to a wonderful start this semester, and I
look forward to meeting many of you soon.  See you at the game on
Saturday!

Penny Pitrucha
President
Sigma Tau Delta