[Sigtaudelt] (no subject)

Penny C. Pitrucha stdpch13 at shsu.edu
Tue Sep 21 17:30:01 CDT 2004

Hello, fellow Sigma Tau Deltans:

The meeting Monday was a good start to a successful year. We accomplished
much business and had fun too. We will soon e-mail the minutes to our
members to keep all of  you updated on the progress of our
organization.

We will hold our first Brown Bag Lunch, Thursday, Sept. 23rd at 12 Noon in
room 319 on the third floor of the LSC.  So bring your lunch, and join us
for this relaxed, informative  meeting.  Also, feel free to invite anyone
interested in joining Sigma Tau Delta; we always welcome new members.
Additionally, the new Sigma Tau Delta T-shirt will be available to
purchase for $10.

Immediate needs:

New Waverly Public Library is holding its annual Cook-off fundraiser this
Friday and Saturday (Sept. 24th and 25th).  The organizers are in need of
volunteers to work the children's events from 11-4 on Saturday.  Anyone
interested in volunteering a couple of hours on Saturday, please contact
me at 936-344-9535.

The Service Projects Committee needs volunteers for Banned Books Week to
help  disseminate information next week.  If you can spare an hour or more
during next week, please contact Jennifer Sanders at
jennifermsanders at hotmail.com or me at this e-mail address.

Also, we are having a bake sale on Thursday, Sept. 30th.  If you can
contribute baked goods or time, please contact Sarah Posey at
stdsep17 at shsu.edu.

And remember...the newsletter essay contest deadline is Sept. 30th.  See
our posted flyers or contact Kelly Rowan at machtwenty at hotmail.com.

I hope that you are all having a great semester.  Talk with you soon.

Penny Pitrucha
President
Sigma Tau Delta
Delta Delta Chapter