[Sigtaudelt] Officer Elections, Banquet, and Cords

Penny C. Pitrucha stdpch13 at shsu.edu
Sat Apr 9 17:04:28 CDT 2005

Greetings Sigma Tau Deltans:

It has been an eventful year, and we have accomplished so much. Thank you
to all of you who "Got Active" and made Sigma Tau Delta visible on campus.
As proof of the success of your dedication and hard work, our organization
has been nominated for a Sammy Award. Way to go!
Below are listed some issues and events that will help complete this
year's goals:
******************************
 Sigma Tau Delta Officer Elections
Are you a member of Sigma Tau Delta with at least a 3.5 GPA?
Do you want leadership experience?
 Do you enjoy working with others?
 Do you like organizing exciting events?
 Do you want to see your organization grow and impact the SHSU campus?
 Do you enjoy crafts, sales, money-management, or public relations?
 Do you feel that you have skills that would benefit Sigma Tau Delta and
the SHSU campus? Then...
There is a place for you as an officer of the Delta Delta Chapter at Sam
Houston State University.  Join us on April 18th for our annual elections.
Elections will be held in the Evans Building Faculty Lounge at 2:00 p.m.
All members are encouraged to attend this crucial meeting and elect the
officers who will represent them for the 2005-2006 academic year.

 Visit our website at www.shsu.edu/~eng_www/SigmaTauDelta for information
about the Delta Delta Chapter.  For more information, contact Penny
Pitrucha at stdpch13 at shsu.edu or call 936-689-5373.
 The plans for the Spring Induction and Awards Banquet are shaping up.
 Look for your invitation in the mail soon. (If you have a local address
that has changed since you joined Sigma Tau Delta, please send the
updated address to Donna at stddjb20 at shsu.edu. Otherwise, the invitation
will go to an old address or to your permanent address.)  The Banquet
committee is working hard to make this a special event. It will include a
delicious dinner, inductions, awards, and special recognition of our
graduating seniors.  Make plans to purchase your ticket for the event.
Tickets are $13 and are available in the English Department office. If
you would like to help out with the banquet (decorate, promote, etc.),
contact Kelly at machtwenty at hotmail.com.

Graduating seniors may purchase their cords for graduation from the
English Department or from Dr. Carroll Nardone.  They cost $7.00.   If you
will be attending the banquet, we would like to formally present you with
the cord during the ceremony.  When you purchase your cord, please
indicate if you would like to have it presented to you at the banquet or
if you will be taking it with you.

Penny Pitrucha
President
Sigma Tau Delta
Sam Houston State University
stdpch13 at shsu.edu
pennypitrucha04 at hotmail.com
(936) 439-0042
(936) 689-5373

affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to
endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the
best  in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy
child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one
life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have
succeeded. "
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~