[Sigtaudelt] (no subject)

Penny C. Pitrucha stdpch13 at shsu.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:07:38 CST 2005

Sigma Tau Deltans:

Below is an update from Donna on the Elementary School Program.  Be sure
to let us know if you volunteer, so we can recognize your commitment and
get information about your experience for future newsletters.

Thank you,

Penny Pitrucha
President
Sigma Tau Delta
Sam Houston State University
stdpch13 at shsu.edu
pennypitrucha04 at hotmail.com
(936) 439-0042
(936) 689-5373

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a
while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)
Greetings fellow members!  I hope your semester is going great!

Just a little update on the volunteer project at Huntsville Elementary.  I
have already attended an orientation session with Principal White, and she
is so excited about the program!  Dr. Stowe is excited as well because the
turn-out has been amazing!  They are still interested in more volunteers,
so please contact Dr. Stowe at fin_crs at shsu.edu.  He will get your
information and send you the form for your criminal background check.
Please be sure to let him know that you are a member of Sigma Tau Delta
when you contact him.

The program requires you to volunteer for 2 ½ hours per week for 5 weeks;
the time can be split up between different days of the week.  Volunteers
will be placed in the grade level of their choice; Huntsville Elementary
serves Pre-K through 4th grades.  You will be working with the same class
every week doing a variety of activities with the children.

These children really need good role models, so I encourage all of you to
participate in the program if you have the time.  If you have any
questions, please contact Dr. Stowe, or feel free to contact me at
stddjb20 at shsu.edu as well.

Donna Blackerby
Secretary/Treasurer