[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Elections

Killalea, Siobhan SEK009 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Nov 16 10:19:42 CST 2009

Hello all,

We are fast approaching the end of the semester and Sigma Tau Delta still has some events in store:

Trivial Pursuit - Wednesday, November 18th at 11th Street Hastings 5-7pm
SigTD Book Sale - Wednesday, December 2nd in the Evans building 8am-?
Sigma Tau Delta Officer Elections - Monday, December 7th in the Faculty Lounge 12pm

Trivial Pursuit, in addition to being, in my opinion, our most most fun event, is a wonderful networking opportunity for students. I strongly recommend that every member stop by and answer a question or two. Seeing the students emerge victorious will vindicate my time as President.

I collected a volunteer sign up sheet for the book sale. Thanks again to those of you who offered to be so generous with your time. There is no Sigma Tau Delta without active and enthusiastic members. I am planning on keeping the sale going all day. I do, however, need one or two volunteers to arrive around 7 or 7:30 to help me take care of set up. I will have to leave from 2 to 3:30 for a class, but that is really the only time I plan to be absent. In terms of books, if you have any books you would like to donate, please contact Dr. Bilsing, Dr. Bebout or me.

Finally, I am joyfully anticipating the Officer Elections for the Spring 2010 semester. I have already gotten a good deal of feedback from parties interested in holding an office. If you plan to run *THIS INCLUDES CURRENT OFFICERS* I need you to email (not facebook) me your major, minor and expected graduation date by December 1st. On election day you will be asked to deliver a short speech outlining your credentials and your interest in Sigma Tau Delta. Fear not, this is meant to be a fun, informal election.

As always, if you have any questions, concerns or grievances, feel free to contact me any time.

Best,
Siobhan