[Sigtaudelt] Book packing, Saturday, April 27

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Thu Apr 25 12:16:00 CDT 2013

Just wanted to remind all of you about the book packing and give away at Dr. Morphew's house.  Saturday at 1 p.m..  If you could get in touch with anyone you think might want to come along, please do.  This is to get books packed for a two part fund raiser for Sigma Tau Delta.  Some books we will keep for a book sale in the fall in the Evans Building.  Some books we will ship to Better World Books, who will pay Sigma Tau Delta for them.  Your reward for participating is first choice of books, which you can take, and pizza and drinks.

Here are the directions from Dr. Morphew: My house is in Riverside, Texas.  You take Highway 19 North toward Trinity/Crockett and follow it until you get to the tiny town of Riverside (if you cross the Trinity River Bridge you have gone too far).  We have one stoplight.  Turn right at that stoplight onto 980.  Go down 980 past two churches, past the City Hall, past the Fire Station, past Ronnie's diner and right after the diner you cross two sets of RR tracks (they both are right together).  Take an immediate right immediately after the second set of RR tracks.  This is Hill street.  Go down the street not too far and the 3rd house on your right is a large two story GREEN house.  It is surrounded by several different sorts of fences and has a gravel drive way.  This is my house.  There is plenty of room to park in the driveway, but should tons of people show up you can park along the side of the road in the front.  I have dogs, but they are friendly and in a fence where they cannot get to you.  We use the side door inside our carport.  We don't use the front door, but I will be on the watch for folks.

We think this should be a fun end of year event!

Cheers,

Dr. M and Dr. D
Faculty advisors, Sigma Tau Delta