[Sigtaudelt] Fwd: Bearkats Read To Succeed: Invitation to Author's Forum

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Thu Oct 31 10:50:29 CDT 2013

Sent from my HTC One™ X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Williams, Candice" <ccw020 at SHSU.EDU>
To: "Dowdey, Diane" <ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU>
Subject: Bearkats Read To Succeed: Invitation to Author's Forum
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 10:44 AM

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CED626.345E4E20]

I would like to invite the members of the Sigma Tau Delta Delta Delta Chapter to attend the Author’s Forum session listed below.

Writers Workshop - Investigavtive Reporting

Speaker: Mr. Charles Duhigg

11/6/2013

2pm-3pm

LSC Theatre

Charles Duhigg is a Pulitzer-prize winning New York Times investigative reporter, graduate of Yale College and Harvard Business School and a frequent contributor to NPR’s This American Life, Frontline and other programs. He first became interested in habits about a decade ago, as a reporter in Iraq, when he heard about an army major who had been analyzing videotapes of riots. Mr. Duhigg will have you rethinking your entire world.

For more information on the Author’s Forum and The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg, this year’s common reader, please visit our website: http://www.shsu.edu/dept/fye/read-to-succeed/. Below is the complete Author’s Forum schedule.

Thank you so much,

Candice Williams

First-Year Experience Ambassador

Student Success Initiatives -  First-Year Experience

Sam Houston State University

Academic Building IV, Room 202

Office: (936) 293 3422

[cid:image002.png at 01CED626.345E4E20]

        [BearKats Read to Succeed,Author’s Forum:  Habits of Success]

Wednesday November 6
11:00 am – 11:50 pm              The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in
LSC Ballroom                         Life and Business
                                                Keynote Speaker: Mr. Charles Duhigg
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm             Book Signing
LSC Ballroom                         Mr. Charles Duhigg
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm                 Student Luncheon with Mr. Charles Duhigg
Ballroom D                             Invitations required: Faculty selected students and contest winners

2:00 pm – 3:00 pm                  Writers Workshop - Investigative Reporting
LSC Theater                            Mr. Charles Duhigg

3:30 pm – 4:45 pm                  Consumer Habits and Behavior Change:
LSC Theater                            How Research Insights Fuel Strategic Planning
                                                Ms. Susan Saurage-Altenloh, Saurage Marketing Research
                                                Dr. Renée Gravois Lee, Associate Professor of Marketing

5:00pm – 6:00pm                    Fine Arts Reception and Award Ceremony
LSC Art Gallery                     Mr. Mike Henderson, Associate Professor of Art

Thursday November 7
9:30 am – 10:50 am                Psychology of Habits
LSC Ballroom                        Dr. Marsha Harman, Professor of Psychology

11:00 am – 12:20 pm              History and Habits of Racial Privilege
LSC Ballroom                         Dr. Jeffrey Littlejohn, Associate Professor of History

[cid:image007.png at 01CED626.345E4E20]12:30 pm – 1:50 pm                Bearkats Read to Succeed Faculty & Student Recognition
LSC 320                                 Luncheon – Invitations required.
                                                Dr. Dick Eglsaer – Vice Provost
                                                Faculty & Committee Recognition
                                                Student Project Presentations
                                                Student Contest Winners