[Sigtaudelt] February Events

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Sun Feb 9 14:10:15 CST 2014

We have several events scheduled for February.  We will be selling cupcakes in the Evans lobby Feb. 13-14, as a fundraiser.  We will be open from 9-1, if you can help us sell or stop by for a delicious treat.  On Friday, Feb. 21, we will be having two activities.  At 3 p.m. we will be gathering in EV 317 for a circle reading of black authors to celebrate Black History Month.  Please bring your favorite poem, short fiction excerpt by a black author to share.  Later that evening we will be going to dinner to hear a presentation by one of the department's Shakespeare experts and then attending the Theater department's presentation of "Much Ado about Nothing" which begins at 8 p.m.  in the University Theater Center. We will be purchasing group discount tickets.  If you want to attend, please get your $8 to Dr. Dowdey by Friday, Feb. 14.  You may take it to the main English Office and ask them to get it to me.  Please invite a friend or significant other to attend with us as well.

Diane Dowdey, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Sam Houston State University
Box 2146"
Huntsville, TX 77341
936-294-4217

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.
- Mark Twain's Notebook, 1902-1903