[Sigtaudelt] FW: ASAT Conference at SHSU--Abstract deadline 7/15 approaching fast

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Fri Jun 20 16:21:35 CDT 2014

I hope some Sigma Tau Delta members will consider submitting a proposal for this conference to be held on our campus and sponsored by the English department.  It will be a great conference to list on your vita, if you have any interest in American studies.  In the fall, we will definitely be involved in providing volunteer support, just as we have for previous conferences and events.
Dr. Dowdey

-----Original Message-----
From: Halmari, Helena
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 12:58 PM
To: Adams, Rob; Bell, Kimberly; Bilsing, Tracy; Blackburne, Brian; Bridges, Charles; Child III, Paul; Courtney, Lee; Demson, Michael; Donahoo, Robert; Dowdey, Diane; Hall, Julie; Hill, Darci; Kaukonen, Scott; Krienke, Douglas; Lantz, Nicolas; Morphew, Melissa; Murfin, Audrey; Nardone, Carroll; Payton, Jason; Pease, Ralph; Phelps, Deborah; Ruffin, Paul; Shemak, April; Webster, Linda; Young, Gene; Fleming, Bill; Tayebi, Kandi; Halmari, Helena
Cc: Browning, Sarah; Nixon, Justine; Miles, Barbara
Subject: ASAT Conference at SHSU--Abstract deadline 7/15 approaching fast

Colleagues:

The abstract deadline (7/15) for the American Studies Association of Texas Conference (to be held at SHSU, November 13-15, 2014) is approaching fast. Please consider submitting an abstact and/or pass this information to graduate students and interested colleagues at other institutions:

                    http://www.shsu.edu/academics/american-studies-conference/
                    http://www.shsu.edu/academics/american-studies-conference/proposals.html

With questions about the conference and to volunteer to help, please contact Barbara Miles (eng_bem at shsu.edu).

Helena

****
Helena Halmari
Department of English, Professor and Chair
1901 University Avenue (Box 2146)
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2146
Tel. 1-936-294-1402