[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Nov 10 11:19:00 CST 2015

This week’s newsletter is a Call to Action! Deltan’s, we need YOU to get involved. We need volunteers, attendees, and participants. Let’s support our SHSU literary community by taking part in some of the upcoming events below.

Professor Chin-In Chen Reading
http://www.shsu.edu/today@sam/T@S/article/2015/chen-reading

Support our English Department by attending Professor Chin-In Chen’s Literary Reading at 5:00 in Peabody Memorial Library.

“Ching-In Chen is one of those rare poets who somehow manages to be formally versatile and deeply experimental without forgetting the fundamental meat and potatoes of poetry—compelling voices and stories, images that will stick with you for hours after reading, and metaphors that will just flat out amaze you,” said Nick Lantz, assistant professor of creative writing. “Chen's book has a lot to offer students of poetry but also presents a captivating story that anyone will find accessible and moving.”

Book Sale
The American Studies Association of Texas is allowing us to put some books out for our fall book sale. If any of you are free Thursday, Nov. 12 between 1-5 or Friday, Nov. 13 between 9-5 come by the LSC and help out. For more information, email our sponsor, Dr. Dowdey at eng_dxd at shsu.edu<mailto:eng_dxd at shsu.edu>.

Native American Circle Reading
November is Native American Month! To celebrate, Sigma Tau Delta is hosting a Circle Reading on November 19 featuring Native American literature. Please join us for excellent literature, elevated conversation, and even better company. Please direct questions to Dr. Dowdey at eng_dxd at shsu.edu<mailto:eng_dxd at shsu.edu>.

Unite to Write
It is not too late to join the Annual Unite to Write contest and attend the Houston Writers Guild’s Annual Writers Conference for free! Register at http://nanowrimo.org/ and email jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek014 at shsu.edu> with a link to your author page and your student ID number.

Writer’s Forum
We are still meeting every Wednesday at 5:30 in Evans 460 and welcome any and all writers who would like to attend—including this week! However, should anyone wish to attend Professor Chin-In Chen’s reading and still like to come, stay tuned; there is a chance that we may be hosting an additional Forum meeting on Friday.

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred