[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Sep 21 20:29:14 CDT 2015

Good evening Deltans! This first of the new weekly newsletters is brought to you by myself and Donna Finney. Be sure to give her a big thank you at the calendar and election meeting this Wednesday. Scroll down for upcoming events and news from the world of writers!

Important Notice

Sigma Tau Delta Fall Calendar and Elections

    Wednesday, September 23 at 4:00 in Evans 460
Join us for Pizza and Drinks as we vote for this year’s officers and learn about upcoming events. If you are interested in an officer position you must email Dr. Dowdey no later than 5:00 on the 21st.

Upcoming Events

    Writer’s Forum
    Wednesday, September 23 at 5:30 in Evans 460
The Writer’s Forum is a fun and respectful environment where creative writers can enjoy the constructive feedback of their peers, polish their editing skills, and enjoy like-minded company. Bring multiple copies of up to 10 double spaced pages of your own creative work—all genres and mediums are welcome. If you have questions or concerns, or need help printing, contact Julian Kindred at jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek014 at shsu.edu>.

    Indiepalooza
    September 25 & 26
    Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area – 7611 Katy Frwy, Houston, Tx  77024
The Houston Writers Guild is hosting an event for independent book publishers! The founder of the world’s largest book club, Kathy L. Murphy will be in attendance as a guest speaker and there will be many informative breakout.

For more information, please visit:http://www.houstonwritersguild.org/indiepalooza-event/

For more information on Kathy Murphy’s Pulpwood Queens Book Club, please visit: http://www.beautyandthebook.com/book-club-selections/

The World of Writers

    The 5 Essential Story Ingredients: http://www.writersdigest.com/online-editor/the-5-essential-story-ingredients

    Use Word Choice to Set the Mood: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/there-are-no-rules/use-word-choice-to-set-the-mood

    Life Lessons Essay Contest
        Deadline: September 21, 2015
        Website: http://www.realsimple.com/lifelessonscontest
        E-mail address: lifelessons at realsimple.com<mailto:lifelessons at realsimple.com>

    Ask Polly: Should I Just Give Up on My Writing?
http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/09/ask-polly-should-i-just-give-up-on-my-writing.html#

    Woodland Writer’s Guild
     http://thewoodlandswritersguild.org/
Check out the Woodlands Writers Guild, a community of and for writers.
We welcome all writers be they amateur, professional, published, not yet published or never expecting to be published.  Our primary purpose is simple: help each other become better writers.

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred