[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Newsletter

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Sun Feb 7 12:13:43 CST 2016

Hello my fellow Deltans!

We have one heck of a week ahead of us! Our first Bake Sale is kicking off, the Writer's Forum meets this Wednesday, and we begin the launch of our first ever anthology short stories with the help of Texas Review Press! Find out how you can get involved below and have a great week!

?Best,

Julian Kindred

BAKE SALE

Our first bake sale of the semester kicks off! This bake sale will help us send the largest accepted group of presenters from our chapter to the annual Sigma Tau Delta International Convention in March as well as help jump start some fun future activities for our members! We need your time and baked goods! Right now we really need some help Wednesday afternoon!

ALSO we will need volunteers to help put up and pass out flyers letting students and faculty who do not usually frequent the Evans Complex know what we are about. Please get in touch with Julian Kindred (jek015 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek015 at shsu.edu>) or Dr. Dowdey (eng_dxd at shsu.edu<mailto:eng_dxd at shsu.edu>) to let us know how you would like to help out and when you are available.

First Sigma Tau Delta Magical Realism Anthology

This semester we are teaming up with SHSU's very own Texas Review Press to put together an anthology of short stories exclusively from Sigma Tau Delta to be published as an ebook. All of the royalties will be put toward Sigma Tau Delta activities. Our subject matter? Magical Realism. Send your short stories and poetry to sigmataudelta.shsu at gmail.com<mailto:sigmataudelta.shsu at gmail.com> for a chance to be published in this anthology. Please include your name and chapter (Delta Delta) in the body of the email. By submitting you are giving your consent to our right to publish your work in this anthology and retain all copy and further publishing rights.

Induction Ceremony

I've had a few questions about this, especially since we held off last semester. Rest assured such will not be the case this semester. Our Induction Ceremony to officially welcome our new Deltans will be held the penultimate week of class on April 22 at 7:00.

The Writer's Forum

Writers welcome! The Writer's Forum is back and going strong this semester. We had a record attendance last week. If this keeps up we may need to find another writer to host a second group. For now though, the Writer's Forum continues to meet every Wednesday at 5:30 in Evans 460! Bring multiple copies (we've been averaging between 6-8) up to 10 pages of creative work (any literary or popular genre) to be read and constructively discussed over potluck and free coffee.

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred