[Sigtaudelt] Weekly Newsletter: Feedback Wanted!

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Feb 22 10:17:26 CST 2016

Good morning, Deltans!

This week we need your feedback and help. We have a couple of fundraisers around the corner and several fun events in the works. Email us back or let us know on Facebook your thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

Best,

Julian Kindred

Literary Jokes, Puns, and Phrases

We will be selling about tote bags at the upcoming Sigma Tau Delta convention and we want to emblazon them with literary wit. For example: Go Faulk Your Shelf. References to authors and books, literary themed puns and jokes, we want to hear YOUR ideas for what we should put on these bags. We need your feedback by Wednesday so that we can have the bags finished in time for the convention.

What Do YOU Want To Do?

What are you passionate about? English is such a broad subject that it covers everything from reading, to writing, to linguistics and more. Our officers are only human and we can only do so much, so what we want is people with a passion for a subject to step forward and present their idea for a book club, poetry readings, anything at all that you feel passionately about. And we will help make your idea a reality. Our goal is to create several autonomous English-oriented groups that can represent Sigma Tau Delta on campus and help to grow our members into a community.

So what is your passion? Are you looking for a group to discuss your creative writing? Are you looking for a group to sit down and write with? Or maybe you're looking to discuss your favorite authors, or a book club. Tell us (through email or Facebook) and we'll help you get started.

Used Book Donations

Our used book sale is right around the corner and you know what that means. It's time to clear off your shelves and make space for your new reading material by passing on your old books so that someone else can read them for the first time. There is already a donation box up in Evans 305 and more will be up soon so keep an eye out or email Dr. Dowdey if you need the extra shelf space now.

Cleaners Wanted

Dr. Peas is looking for volunteers to clean the Film room in exchange for a donation to Sigma Tau Delta. This will most likely take place on a Friday morning. We need about 3-5 people for the job. Volunteers who donate their time will be given preference when we have later events that can only be afford a limited number of people.

Literary Plays and Musicals

Keep an eye out over the rest of the semester! Every now and then we will be providing tickets or organizing a get together to go and see literary themed plays and musicals. For example, the SHSU theater will be presenting a play based on the works of Virginia Woolf! But we're not limiting this to campus. Over the next few weeks we will be looking at the Alley Theater (among others) in Houston for upcoming interpretations of literary works and will be providing tickets to members interested in carpooling down to see them!

Dying to see something coming up? Let us know!

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred