[Sigtaudelt] Book Sale

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Tue Mar 22 13:37:08 CDT 2016

We will be holding our book sale next week, Monday, March 28, through Thursday, March 31. To get organized for it I have created a spread sheet on Google docs. Please sign up for the times you can work on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjh---09rAnbbNu17w4rkwZqQdfLxdgW-ElZCBkeNwc/edit?usp=sharing

Also if you have some spare time this week, go to the office and ask to be let into room 205. You can begin sorting the books in boxes there into categories like: novels, textbooks, poetry.

The officers have discussed several theatrical performances we might attend in April or May, such as

Damn Yankees<http://www.shsu.edu/academics/theatre/productions/season.html>, SHSU spring musical  April 20-23
A Midsummer's Night Dream<http://boilingpointplayers.com/2015-Midsummer.asp> Boiling Point Players Studio 101 Houston March 31-April 9
The Nether Alley<https://www.alleytheatre.org/plays/production-detail/the-nether> Theater  Houston May 6-29

If you work the book sale, you will be given a ticket to attend one of these performances. Let's make this happen and raise funds so we can go see a play and send members to Louisville next year for the conference.

Dr. Dowdey

Dr. Diane Dowdey
Faculty Adviser, Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society
Associate professor of English
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77440
936-294-4217
dowdey at shsu.com<mailto:dowdey at shsu.com>

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.
- Mark Twain's Notebook, 1902-1903