[Sigtaudelt] Upcoming Events!

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Nov 1 17:17:15 CDT 2016

Happy Halloween Deltans!

We've got a lot of exciting news to cover this evening and just as many opportunities to get involved with our organization. Read below to find out more!

"Ruffin It" with George Drew

                On November 17 award winning poet George Drew will be on campus to read excerpts of his own work, concluding his book tour across Texas, and to honor the late Dr. Paul Ruffin with readings from his work. The readings will take place at 4:30 in Evans 212.

                After the readings there will be a dinner event with George Drew at the Vortexan with live music. Sigma Tau Delta, the English Department, and Texas Review Press are all teaming up to sell tickets to this dinner event. Tickets are $20 each and include dinner. Please direct classmates to the English Department or Texas Review Press to purchase tickets early. Tickets will also be available at the door. If you are interested in helping to sell tickets, please email Julian Kindred at jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek014 at shsu.edu> for more information.

                Please find attached a poster for the upcoming event. Spread the word!

Unite to Write

                National Novel Writing Month is once again upon us and Sigma Tau Delta has teamed up with the Houston Writers Guild to provide prizes for our annual Unite to Write contest! The goal: 50 thousand NEW words in 30 days. The prizes: Free attendance to the Houston Writers Guild's Annual Conference next April with your room paid for by the Guild and the first two to finish will be afforded the opportunity to meet with a literary agent. Please see the attached flyer for more details.

                To participate, register at nanowrimo.org and email Julian Kindred at jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek014 at shsu.edu> with your registration information and your student ID number.

Community Outreach: New Writers' Forum

                Ladies and gentlemen of Sigma Tau Delta, it is time to begin reaching out into our community. I am proud to announce the overall success of the Writer's Forum here on campus. It is our goal now to start a new forum off campus to be more accessible for non-students. Our target launch date is January 10th, so we have until then to secure a location and spread the word. We are looking for Deltans to volunteer their time to spread the word and help to run this weekly event next semester.

                Email Julian Kindred at jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:jek014 at shsu.edu> for more information on how you can get involved and keep an eye on our Facebook page.

Initiation Ceremony!

                And last but certainly not least, our new members will be initiated on January 31st next year to kick off the semester with a bang! Student leaders will be hosting a meeting before the ceremony open to any and all interested in next semester's plans and schedule.

                Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information.

?

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred