[Sigtaudelt] Sigma Tau Delta Meeting

Dowdey, Diane ENG_DXD at SHSU.EDU
Sat Sep 24 19:40:24 CDT 2016

Our Facebook poll showed that Tuesday afternoons were the best time for meetings. So we will meet on Tuesday, October 4, at 3:30 in Evans 460. We will begin our Common Reader Book Club at this event. The first  story from Almost Famous Women have been attached to this email. I am hoping the listserv will let the stories go through one at a time. If this one makes it, I'll send the next one.  I hope we can have a great discussion of these.
In addition, we are beginning our work on our book sale fund raiser. A box has been placed in front of the main English office to collect books. If you have anything to contribute, please put them there. At this meeting, we will begin organizing the  book sale, tentatively scheduled for the last week in October.
Dr. Dowdey

Dr. Diane Dowdey
Faculty Adviser, Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society
Associate professor of English
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77440
936-294-4217
dowdey at shsu.com<mailto:dowdey at shsu.com>

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.
- Mark Twain's Notebook, 1902-1903