[Sigtaudelt] SHSU Sigma Tau Delta News!

Kindred, Julian jek014 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Jan 27 10:07:59 CST 2017

Good morning Deltans!

This is your monthly follow-up to the Open Floor Officer's meeting. I am so incredibly pleased by the huge turnout yesterday and the eagerness all of our members are showing. If you haven't already done so, please LIKE us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sigtaudeltshsu/) to stay up to date on all our activities. The date for the Initiation Ceremony has now been set, as are the dates for our officer's meetings.

Read below to find out more about those, as well as our Writer's Forum, the new City Hall Café Writer's Forum, the Valentine's Day Bake Sale, and our New Book Club!

If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, suggestions, or just want to talk, feel free to email myself, Cora, Katrina, or Dr. Dowdey.

Julian, President: Jek014 at shsu.edu<mailto:Jek014 at shsu.edu>

Cora, Vice President: ckd010 at shsu.edu<mailto:ckd010 at shsu.edu>

Katrina, Treasurer: krr032 at shsu.edu<mailto:krr032 at shsu.edu>

Dr. Dowdey, Faculty Adviser: Eng_dxd at shsu.edu<mailto:Eng_dxd at shsu.edu>

INITIATION CEREMONY

February 10 at 6:30 in Evans 212

Sigma Tau Delta will welcome all of our new members to the fold Friday, February 10. Bring your family, friends, relatives, and dates to attend a welcoming ceremony and a social afterwards. This is for ALL of our new Deltans, whether you were accepted last semester or this semester.

OPEN FLOOR OFFICER'S MEETINGS

Henceforth all officer's meetings, which are open to all Sigma Tau Delta members and anyone interested in becoming a member, will be held at 4:30 in Evans 460 on the last Thursday of each month. This means that our next meeting shall occur February 23!

Writer's Forum and City Hall Café Writer's Forum

Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 in Evans 460 and at the bar at City Hall Café respectively

1421 Sam Houston Ave, Huntsville, TX 77340<http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN873x346322434888401040&id=YN873x346322434888401040&q=City+Hall+Cafe+%26+Pie+Bar&name=City+Hall+Cafe+%26+Pie+Bar&cp=30.7198524475098%7e-95.551155090332&ppois=30.7198524475098_-95.551155090332_City+Hall+Cafe+%26+Pie+Bar>

https://www.facebook.com/City-Hall-Cafe-Pie-Bar-213608678661268/

The Writer's Forum returns! And Not only is it returning, we're expanding into the Huntsville community to reach out to local aspiring writers. Wednesday evenings we will meet up in Evans 460 by the English Department Office where there will be free coffee and potluck treats. Thursdays we will meet up in City Hall Café and Pie Bar's newly opened bar area for drinks or appetizers and encourage those from our community, not just SHSU students, to participate.

Bring multiple copies of up to 10 double spaced pages and a pen. Be prepared to read or have someone else read your work, receive constructive and encouraging feedback, and give some in return. Come if you have something you'd like worked on or if you just want to hear some free stories! This exercise will help you develop your editor's eye and hone your long term craft skills very quickly. We are essentially a free creative writing workshop.

Valentine's Day Bake Sale!

February 13-15!

It's time to bake some goodies and raise some money for our organization so that we can sponsor more activities! If you're possessed of culinary talent, can read the instructions off an easy-bake box, or are willing to donate an hour or so of your time to manning our bake sale table, please let us know! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information on how you can participate!

Book Club!

Another thing to keep an eye on our Facebook page for! We will be relaunching the Sigma Tau Delta book club! A poll for when the club shall meet and what reading material shall be discussed will be posted on our Facebook page shortly. Be sure to vote!

http://julian-kindred.com/

The Place in the Mist
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Mist-Skies-Grey-Part-ebook/dp/B00SGG22MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-2&keywords=julian+kindred

Under the Mountain: Book 2 of the Hawkridge Chronicles
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mountain-Book-Hawkridge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00TEYNODI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423777870&sr=8-3&keywords=julian+kindred